Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 September 2018

Short pole final match

Travelled down with Jason again today, so a stop in lillypool for breakfast was first on the list, and it was very nice , 4.6.
Off down to bridgwater and Chilton trinity and woodland lake, well run by misha and tom, getting there in plenty of time, Tom was on tea duty which is always a nice touch. Misha turned up after all the work was done, I was hoping for my little draw bag in the shape of lily to pull my peg,  but she wasn't about, so I let Mike nicholls pull one out for me, not a peg of choice but there are worse peg than 24, and Jason had one of the worse in the shape of 20, but the wind was blowing up into the top bank so it may be ok, but when the peg Jonah Chris fox drew next to him on 19 the writing was on the wall, as they say.
For company I had Tom (the flasher)mangnal on 23 and des shipp younger brother Vince on 25, so good company, not forgetting vince,s terrier bullseye, who was well behaved, and it is a dog friendly fishery which is nice .
Only three rigs, a shallow slapper, a margin and one to fish at depth at the permitted topset and three pole limit.
At the start I began on the deck at 6 mtrs, I fully expected it to start fizzing as soon as we all fed,  but no , nothing, no liners nothing, in fact it took me 30 minutes to get my first bite, which felt like a small fish for a second, then it went heavy and I thought I had a carp in the tail, then it went light again towards the surface, and a 4oz skimmer popped out, which had been taken by a big eel, just after I hooked it, it had the imprint of an eels mouth on each side, that's a first for me, Vince had a fish on the deck early on but neither myself or Tom could get a bite, I eventually hooked one in the wing, but it was only about 3lb but still welcome, Vince began catching odd fish slapping, but as much as I tried I couldn't get a bite up in the water, I began feeding heavier and I did draw some fish into the peg as I was getting intermittent strong fizzing, but a few foulers later and nothing in the net had me wishing I possibly hadn't of fed quite as aggressively, as Vince had the best results by just throwing 3 or 4 pellets at a time in, I did start hooking odd fish in the second half of the match, but never enough to worry Vince, by the end I had 6 carp and one dead eel ravaged.skimmer, for what I thought would go about 50lb, and I was quite close to my guess as I had 48lb ,Vince to my.left had a level 77lb to win the section , and tom had 24lb, this top corner of the lake was hard , and the lake as a whole had a bit of an off day, but 27 on the lake is a lot, and it may not of liked the pressure.
Top weight on the day was a shared affair, with Joe mcmahon and Mike West both having 84.14, Joe was on unfancied 3 and Mike on an equally iffy peg 29,
I only managed to get a pic of Mike as I left my.phone at the peg, sorry Joe , but your fish looked much the same lol
Vince was third with his 77
4th Bob gullick on 8 with 69.8
5th Martin rayet on peg 17 with 62.10
silvers went to Mike nicholls on peg 30 with 24.6 of small roach, he loves it.

Weigh sheets below

Overall the went to Joe mcmahon with a clean sheet, 4 section wins for 36 points, also winning the k/o, so a good payday for him, well done matey.
2nd Bob gullick 32 points
3rd Martin rayet 31 points
4th Ryan shipp 30 points
5th Steve seagar 25 points
Next Sunday I'm running a match at Landsend fishery, message or ring me to book in, 9.30 draw, fish 11 till 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment