Total Pageviews

Monday 25 November 2019

Chilton trinity

Tom and mish were running an open on sunday, so me.And Chris fox decided to give it a go, neither of us had been there for a while so it would make a nice change, a stop off in the wooded spoon cafe in weston super mare for a bumper breakfast , and very nice to, 4.65. And opening at 7am everyday makes it a popular cafe with lots of the Weston anglers, and it's not to far off the beaten track for anglers travelling South from bristol.
Breakfast accomplished and it was off to the fishery, we got there to find only 11 fishing, a bit disappointing really as I think it's a really fair venue , especially at this time of year, perhaps that's what people don't like, plus it's a lake which doesn't give up its fish to readily.
Into the draw and out comes.peg 9, which is a few pegs up on the far side, happy with that, then the shout if doom goes out ,REDRAW. Lol, Tom got his sums wrong, even coming from Somerset and having twelve fingers he still got it wrong, 😂😂😂.
Into the draw , and yep , peg 9 again, maybe a good omen, time would tell

, Chris drew 7 first time then peg 16 was his home.for the day, up on the Top bank all on his lonesome.
I had Phil h to my right on 7 and Gary ? To my left on golden peg 11.
Three rigs today one for the right hand margin under a free stump in 4 foot of water, and two for the long pole , at 14 mtrs slightly to the left for maggot or corn over micros, and a pellet rig for 16 mtrs slightly to the right, hard 4,a for feed with a banded 6mm over the top. At the start I cupped in some micros at 14 mtrs some hard 4,s at 16 mtrs and put a few hard 4,s down by the stump. Starting on maggot over the micros I soon had a couple of small roach, both lines were starting to fizz a bit which surprised me a bit, and the two pegs either side had proper fizzing going on, probably due to the fact as both anglers were feeding micros quite heavily, Phil and Gary both had early carp , then Gary had another, then I had one on the pellet line, and with bubbles coming up I was fairly confident of getting a few, which I did but always a fish or two behind gary, but i was getting a.few.decent skimmers on the hard pellet or on corn over micros, going into the last couple of hours things slowed up, the bubbles stopped and so did any more activity from carp, all I could get we're hand size skimmers, and not to many of those, most had stopped catching anything, it was heading towards a fairly low weight affair, Gary to my left had a few fish towards the end to keep himself ahead, and that was how it ended, with Gary coming out on top with 65lb, I was second with 51lb which included the top silver weight with 13 lb of skimmers, and Phil to my right was third with 48lb, so as I said not a high weight match but it's fair, as you can never predict where the top weight will come from, weigh sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment