Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 November 2019

Shiplate Thursday silvers league

I missed the second one of these leagues due to a lovely week away with Judith at Stafford moor, so I needed to get a section win to keep me in with a chance, I got into the draw about halfway through and pulled out peg 6, happy with that sank think it's a fair section, I set up three rigs , one for the left at 13 mtrs  another to the right at the same distance where it was about a foot shallower, and a rig to fish caster at 5 mtrs.
Normal bomb site peg , I wouldn't have it any other way, LOL.
At the start I cupped a couple of balls at 13 mtrs to the left with some caster in and a couple to the right with some softened micros in , but began short on caster, I caught from the off, only small roach but more than welcome, especially as it seemed to be fishing very hard, I stuck with it but with odd people having some skimmers I went out to the right in the shallower water on soft pellet, I had a couple of quick skimmers including a 1lb fish,  it that was my.lot on the soft pellet, so over to the left and a skimmer on maggot, then nothing again, and that set the pattern for the day, feed the longer lines, spend a short time on the short line before going out on the long lines, perhaps getting a small.skimmer , then nothing so reffeed and try the other line or come short, I did get a couple of better skimmers in the last 30 minutes but it was to little to late, Alan quantrill on three won the section with 17lb with big Ryan Radford second with 14lb, so well done to them, Paul faiers on peg 11 was.Top weight on the day with 19lb, weigh sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment