Total Pageviews

Monday 4 November 2019

Viaduct silvers league round 3

Back to viaduct today , travelled with Chris fox again and we stopped at the cross keys at lydford for breakfast and it was enjoyable, 4.55.
Got to the fishery in plenty of time for the draw.
I managed  get near the front of the queue and went into the tin and came out with 105 in cary, it had top weight of silvers on Thursdays costcutter by Alvin Jones with about 27lb, so hopefully a few still about.its on the edge of the good area to be fair, no one to my left as it's going into carpy corner so it's left out as it's a silvers only match, to my right was mosella team mate Bob gullick on 103, obviously the pound side bet was on then.
Behind me was the diminutive figure of Kevin Millard who was reserving for Ricky mills,
Judging by now he has his box set up he has a secret yearning to be tall, trouble is , every time he wanted to get off his box he had to call for help, he could always take up base jumping.
I set up three rigs, one for topset and one, also the same rig would do for caster down to my right against some brambles. Two rigs for out in front one double bulked and the other more conventionally shotted.

At the start I cupped in two balls at 11 mtrs and 5 off to the right at 13mtrs, fed some casters.down to the right , then began close on caster, had bites from small roach, so sticking with it for a while, Bob went straight out over his groundbait line and started catching small skimmers straightaway, so after30 minutes I followed suit and went out to the 11 mtr line and had an 8oz skimmer first drop in, then it was just small roach, so out to the 13 mtr line, and it was the same, a small skimmer then nothing, all the time Bob was catching small skimmers all the time, whereas  I was really strggling, but I kept plugging away, small.roach on the short line and down the edge, I also had a couple of small perch from the margin, the 11  mtr line was a waste of time with just occasional small roach, luckily for me I managed.a.few.better skimmers from the 13 mtr line, mainly on double and treble dead reds, but by the end I thought I just not done enough to beat bob, but judging by the bankside banter the diagonal bank had been very hard, so I thought a possible second in section would have to do, when steve.Got to us with the scales 15lb was winning the section, then Bob put 18.12 on the scales, then me, and as soon as I pulled my net out I new I had him, and plonked over 22lb on the the scales for a section win which keeps me in the hunt.
And more importantly I had the all important bit of gold off Bobby g.
The lakes definitely fished harder in this round, which isn't to surprising considering the amount of rain and cooler temps we have had recently,
Top weight on the day went to paul(beaver)elmes on peg 70 with 32lb of corn on the wag skimmers, well done.

2nd and third was tight with Martin rayet on peg 112 with 27.4 just three ounces ahead of gabe(2pegs lol) skarba who had 27.1, weigh sheets below.



No comments:

Post a Comment