Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 November 2019

Thursday costcutter at huntstrete on bridge pool

12 minute drive to the fishery, which makes a change, not to many here today , only 16 for various reasons, but all that means more room for us, I had a quick walk around with Mike nicholls, there was a slight tinge of colour at each end of the lake, with the middle section a bit clearer.
Ken got the draw underway and I was early into the bag and pulled out 26, nice peg, not shown to much as far as silvers go recently, so I made up my mind to fish for carp and f1,s, I had some of the new daiwa f1 groundbait mixed up just in case, I had used it last time and caught f1,s so decided to try it again.

It's a lovely looking peg with an island at 16mtrs, so I did fancy it, and
I set up a rig to fish pellet straight out towards the island, and another pellet rig to the left by an overhanging willow, another for the deep water at the bottom of the island shelf in a couple of spots, maggot over the f1 groundbait in these spots, and one for the right hand side in about 4 foot of water, again maggot over groundbait,
To begin with I put in a ball on each of the deeper lines, one down the right hand side , and cupped some pellets across to the island, started short on caster with the deep rig just in case there were any rogue fish close in,  it nope , nothing doing there then .
So out on the deep rig with maggot over caster, an hour later and one skimmer from the 14 mtr right hand line, then an f1 from the left hand 14 mtr line, so going no where fast, I had a look on the pellet line and had another f1 , but no more, a look down to the right produced a couple of f1,s, so things were starting to look up. I then decided to go 16 mtrs to the left by the willow into shallower water with maggot over groundbait, and it improves things , by swapping between the right hand side I about 4 foot of water and the shallow island ledge I could use the same rig, so I kept a bit of groundbait with some micros in both swims and had odd f1,s with the occasional small carp aswell right to the end, I also had a nice looking goldfish, which must have come in with the f1,s.
I had a few rogue skimmers down to the right aswell, with the biggest probably going 2 1/2 lb. Best bait turned out to be treble maggot today, at the end I new I had over twenty pounds but when the scales arrived I was surprised to be given 37.01, mainly f1,s so the groundbait looks to have worked again.
But that was only good enough for second as john(cliff) Smith on peg 10 caught some good fish down his margin for over 49lb, so well done, weigh sheets below.


No comments:

Post a Comment