Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Landsend Wednesday match

I think the weather may have kept a few away today as only 9 of us showed up, and one of those went home after realising it was to windy to put the brolly up, but to be fair it may have been breezy (understatement) but the heavy rain stayed away till I got back into Bristol.
Martin lenaghan pulled out two tickets stuck together by the staples so I took one and opened it to see 16 on it, nice at least the gale was coming from behind, the closest company I had was Martin lenaghan on 18 and dave blakemore on 13 so it was shouting only if you needed to talk, the inform peg at the mo has been peg 11 and with Aaron britnell drawing on , he would probably be the man to beat, the peg has been that good even mike duckett won the Saturday open on this weekend just gone.
4 rigs today , a caster rig for over on the far shelf(4x12). The same size rig to fish soft pellet r maggot over soaked micros at 10 and 2 angle at 13 mtrs , a 4x14 pencil float for caster at 4 mtrs and a 4x12 affair for caster in the left hand margin just past a sunken bush, after feeding all lines I started at 4 mtrs on caster, and to be honest this line was probably my most productive , I did get one carp on each of my pellet lines, and the far bank caster line only gave me a few perch but one was 1 1/2 lb so that was handy, the left had margin yielded 5 carp and the 4 mtr line gave me 7 more plus some good silver in the shape of two tench, one good skimmer, one IDE an f1 and several good perch , I thought I had about 85lb , I wasn't to ar out as my carp went 76.4 and my silvers went 19.6 for a total of 95.10 for first on the day and first in the silvers
2nd was arron britnell on 11 with 68.6
3rd chris fox on 21 with 41,6
4th Alan oram on 7 with 36.8
5th John (turkey) Thompson on 24 (again) with 31lb
6th John Bradford on 3 with 25.8
This Sunday we are back here again for an open, so any interested parties can either book in with me at the shop on 01179517250. Or with mike at the fishery on 07977545882

6 comments:

  1. are you sure its an open Sunday? Its Mikes loyalty match and you must have already paid £15

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its both Ken, loyalty match for those in the loyalty book and open for those not, only those in the loyalty bit of the match can win the extra payout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should start looking after the people who are loyal to you tony
    First dean now fab you can count good mates on one hand when rules are made they should stand for everyone and not change to suit !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris-Texted Tony and he told me. At least this way it will be a bigger match, which is fine by me. (got to love the anonymous attempted wind ups!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to write a reply to the anonymous one but felt it wasn't really worth getting involved in a comment slanging match it only leads to bad feelings and life is to short to worry about it . At the end of the day it's all about going fishing and enjoying it, I sometimes think people are expecting to much, as for rules, I know what the anon person is talking about and I can see his side , but also I can understand where the organiser of the event is coming from, and as for friends , you are right and you generally go through life being able to count your true friends on your fingers of one hand .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comment from the gimp, to the anon who probably wasnt even at the fishery on Wednesday, the match is run by mike at landsend and tony has nothing to do with it,

    ReplyDelete