Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 December 2013

Todber manor park lake

After a mediocre breakfast at canard well pub in Shepton it was off to gillingham for a match organised by mark popodopulis(poppleton), I think 24 were fishing so we all had an empty peg on one side, everyone wants to draw peg 38 on this lake as its a bit of an end peg with the corner of the island and a long margin and it does win more than its fare share, into the draw tin which was an empty choccy tin , it was marks so there was very little chance of there being any sweets left n it, and out comes 35 which is an ok peg, for company I had one of somerset s nicest blokes on 34 in the shape of Fred Roberts and on the other side on 37 I had fabio (Nuff said lol), the biggest shock today was that we had to do a bit of. Ice breaking as it had a lid on it , except for 37 and 38, but it wasnt to thick and the pole and cup were more than up to the job, only two rigs , both 4x12. One for over close to. The overhanging grass. And one for 11. Mtrs which would also do for down the margin at the bottom of the shelf, both had middy 8313 size 20 hooks on .12 line,
At the start I cupped in some micros on all lines and started on maggot at 11 mtrs, a small roach first drop so no blank, shame fabio had a 6lb carp at the same time, so I went to soft pellet and got a slightly bigger roach, Fred had started on the far side and after a couple of roach he began catching odd carp, so that was it for me on with the far side rig with maggot on the hook and I was soon playing my first carp, and apart from one bite and one carp down the edge the rest of the match was spent on the far side in a couple of spots fishing double maggot over micros and I had a nice day with    Carp between 1 and 6 lb , looking around fabio seemed to be doing the best and by the end I thought he had done enough to win even though he was only admitting to 50 or 60lb but I reckoned he had at least 80, the only person who may push him was steve nadin over on un fancied peg 3, and it did end up close with fabio just getting it with 98.7 on 37
2nd steve nadin on 3 with 94.2
3rd me with 81.5 peg 35
4th nick merry on 11 with 80.10, and that was with an hour away from the lake as he had to go andy repair a boiler
5th mike nicholls on 10 with 74.15
6th Fred Roberts on 34 with 69.10
A good match considering it was a bit Siberian to begin with, so I will try and get back a bit more often when my calendar allows

No comments:

Post a Comment