Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 December 2013

Silvers league, viaduct fishery, final round

After the normal excellent brekkie at shipham it was off to the fishery with chris fox , I couldn't be caught in this series as I had 5 section wins under my belt, but it's not in my nature not to try so I would definitely be trying to make it 6 out of 6 section wins , into the daw tin and out comes 78 which is aerator peg on Cary , still a good section peg so no complaints, for company I had Gordon cannings on 77 and Tim pallant on79. I have based my series on catching skimmers over groundbait , and today wasnt going to any different especially with the mild spell we are enjoying, I only set up one rig , a .4g pencil float with the normal middy 6313 hook on .10 line, at the start I cupped in 3 balls at 11 mtrs and 4 at 14  but began at 5 mtrs on caster over caster , luckily one rig did all as it was the ame depth on all lines, I had a couple of small roach on the short line then a 12 oz skimmer but after that all it gave me were odd small roach when I tried it , mot of the match was spent over the 11 and 14 mtr line , but it wasnt easy I had a few skimmers but only one good one over 2 lb but plenty of small roach at 11mtrs but none at 14 mtrs which I found a bit strange, Tim on my left had odd skimmers aswell so by the end it was close as to who was going win the section , in the end I just edged over Tim with 12.7 to his 12.2 , so 6 out of 6  section wins , it sounds good but I did daw some really good pegs along the way, 101/98/119/94/126 and 78 so not a bad peg there really .
1st on the day was garbolino ,s finest in the shape of steve tucker on 110 with 21.10
2nd bob gullick on 98 with 20.13
3rd Paul greenwood on 130 with 17.4
4th mash on 119 with 17lb
5th andy power on 56 with 16.12
6th ian didcote on 97 with 16.10
As always on this venue it was another well run series and I am sure it will be just as popular next year, shame a few stay aways affected the payout , I don't know why some people bother to book in and don't come to the whole series and don't have the decency to let the organisers know,
Any way that's enough moaning , the journey home was a bit torrid, firstly I had a crash in Shepton when a polish gentleman pulled out in front of me and a gracefully slid into him, not to much damage though, well not to mine, then the big hill just past chelwwod was closed with a crash, so it was off down country lanes and past the hunters rest pub ,where I had to do a bit of reversing and ended up with my back near side wheel in a ditch , now that way was blocked aswell lol, but some friendly motorists pushed me out , so I was only an hour late getting home, not tobad really,

5 comments:

  1. Well done Tony. Fliers or not, 6 out of 6 is bloody good going! Shame you can't reverse as well as you fish! Mohammed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Tony.Pretty impressive result!
    Gabe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least u r catching fish its dead over here clear and cold seas sharky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Tony.....roll on next year :0)
    Bobby g

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wales finest strikes again! well done Tony and Bobby G. Great bit of fishing, bad bit of driving.....

    seriously though, great bit of angling.. well done.
    send me your email address and Ill forward the image took.
    wales am byth yn fy nghalon.
    andy@bait-tech.com

    ReplyDelete