Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 December 2013

Sunday open , landsend fishery

24 fishing today so we had 12 on each lake , so everyone had at least an empty peg on one side. The pegs to avoid are 25 to 29 on the speci lake ,as there seems to be a lack of fish through this bit , all the fish seem to want to be at the top end of the lake on pegs 31/32/33 and 34, and today turned out to be no different , if I wanted to pick my swim for today it would have to be 11 on the match lake, I hung back till nearly the end today, by which time all the favoured swims had one and I ended up on 29, doh, just where I wanted (not), Anton page drew it a couple of weeks ago in the last league match and never made 3lb so I wasn't to happy , at least I had good company each side , with martin McMahon on my left on 28, and the newly slimmed down Clint wojtyla on flyer 31 , also at that end of the lake was kieth fielder on 32, shaun(no suprise I,m on a flyer again) Townsend on 32 and the legend that is Craig (trigger) Edmunds on 34, so picking up any coin could be hard , even the decent silvers see to be in the same pegs as the carp, with the increased colour in the water I decided to try a hard pellet rig over on the shelf , also a caster rig for 5 mtrs ,a rig for carp downt o empty peg 30 with caster and a soft pellet line for 14 mtrs to my right .
The day was had to tell the truth, the hard pellet line never happened so that was changed to a caster line but only produced small roach, the edge rig gave me one bite from a good perch which fell of on the way in, that's perch for you, I did have some nice roach up to 6 oz from the 5 mtr line, and the soft pellet line produced 3 reasonable skimmers up to 2lb and several hand size ones, so I need the match with double figures if silvers but no carp, I did foul one but it bent my hook out and escaped, the four usual pegs produced the goods on the lake with trig leading the way with 64.4 which included the top silvers weight on the day of 23.10 of mainly quality perch, he also had 7 carp aswell to give him a. Total weight of 64.4,
1st on the day went to Aaron britnell on peg 11 with 95.11, having 18 carp on caster fished over to the reed bed towards peg 10
2nd Tom thick on peg 21 with 76.4
3rd trig with 64.4
4th kieth fielder on 32 with 59.3
5th Clint wojtyla on 31 with 53.11 1/2
6th shaun(did I mention he is always on a flyer) Townsend on peg 33 with 41.10, oh did I mention he was on 33, I must drop I,m beginning to sound bitter lol,
Highlight of the day was watching Clint do battle with a foulhookers carp during a nasty squall when his brolly went all pear shaped leaving him peeping out from under what looked like a blue pitta bread , I laughed so much my stomach hurt and I had tears rolling down my face, anyone who knows Clint will understand what I mean as he is funny at the best of times but when he gets flustered it is proper comical, so even though the fishing was hard ,it was a day full of laughs,

No comments:

Post a Comment