Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 December 2013

Landsend winter league round 2

My turn to be on lake 3 today and I needed a good draw to get a section win to put me back into contention, so a corner would be nice , but no I pull 42 which is living on its reputation a bit as it hasn't been to good in the last couple of years, possibly due to the fact the overhanging small bush which was on the island or it may be the action of the aerator which the fish don't like , who nows, today may be different but I wasn't to confident , for company I had ken Rayner on 41 and Paul elmes on 45, I, not going to waste to much time talking about my day as the peg lived up to my expectations , I never really caught much on anything, I had some roach to begin with on caster at 6 mtrs and to honest I should have stuck with the caster fishing all day as only just under 11lb won the silvers money on this lake and I,ve ended up with 8lb without doing it anywhere like right , mainly due to the fact everyone started to get odd carp early on and as I had Anton page in the knockout and him being on 29 on the speci I felt I needed carp to beat him, so I switched to soft pellet over micros on the end of the island whilst firing some hard 4,s towards the front of the island , after a couple of roach and Rudd on soft pellet I switched to corn on the hook which bought 2 small carp, so I went to the island on hard pellet and that gave me two more small carp on that then nothing on that either, and it all went from bad to worse really with only odd bites on corn, I ended up with 8 small which went about 15lb and with my silvers I had 23 lb for 4th in section, so that's the end of my series really after two rounds, to make matters worse ken had over 40lb to my right but at least I beat Paul on my left as he had less than 8lb, the lake was won by Tom thick with 58lb off peg 46 mainly with the help of three double figure carp towards the end of the match, overall the match was won by mark poppleton on peg 33 on the speci lake so well done to him, it's good to see he has rediscovered his mojo, as he has made a real hash of some screamers of late so it was nice to see he didn't manage to get this peg wrong (lol), I know he had over 70lb but I,m not to sure by how much, for the full result have a look on ken rayners blog (fishingken) as he did well today it should be up pretty sharpish,
Off the chilton trinity on woodland lake on weds so again if anyone fancy,s it give me a ring at the shop on 01179517250 to book in,
I also put up last week that I was running a short pole 4 match series at chilton next. Year well that sold out nearly as fast as the month python gig

2 comments: