Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Weds landsend

14 fishing today which is a nice number on the match lake, everyone gets a corner or at least has an empty peg on one side, I waited till last but one to draw and ended up with 18 stuck to my mit,
For. Company I had fabio on 16 and Jamie (the paste) dyte on 19. A lot of the colour had dropped out of the water due the low temps , meaning you could see the bottom a metre out from the bank, so no margin or island shelf rigs today, a rig for 6 mtrs to fish caster , a couple of 4x12 rigs , one for in front of a small bush slightly to my left on the island an one for just into the gap between the island in  front at 16 mtrs, at the start I cupped in a few micros by the bush, and some casters at 6 and 16 mtrs.
I started on a soft pellet out by the bush and missed a bite after a couple of minutes, by now fabio was playing a carp and he had started on maggot on the hook, so a switch to maggot and I was soon playing a carp, shame it was hooked in the side paddle, and I had another 2 in the next 30 minutes, they were both hooked in the same place, but with all safely netted I wasn't complaining, I did get a couple of decent skimmers off the bush and a sensible perch, but no more carp, a quick couple of looks over the 6 mtr caster line didn't even give me a missed bite so that line was binned, and I re plumbed up at 14 mtrs at about a 1 o,clock angle and cupped some casters in there aswell, most of the rest of the match was spent switching between the two long pole lines, where I managed to snare 10 more carp plus another skimmer and a couple of f1,s so I reckoned on having 70lb ish, the only other person to have caught was Martin lenaghan on peg 11 who caught well in the last couple of hours fishing back towards peg 10 which was empty as was peg 9 as far as carp go as the gimp was sat on there, and listening to John during the match there seemed to be plenty of carp in his peg as he could see them on the surface, I have mislaid the result sheet so I will do my best from memory
1st tony Rixon 82lb peg 18
2nd Martin lenaghan 61lb peg 11
3rd Adrian jeffery 35lb which included top silver weight of 15lb on peg 13
4th John (turkey) Thompson 21lb on peg 24
5th philip(fabio) Harding on peg 16 with 20lb
And I can't remember who was 6th
If anyone is interested I am running a 4 match short pole series next year at chilton trinity on woodland lake the dates are 20 th April. 20 July. 10 August and the 14 sept, 20 pounds deposit will secure a place on a first come first. Serve basis, no names put down till the deposit is paid, so don't ask as refusal may offend

1 comment:

  1. I have the Results in my hands now,
    Found them on floor where ya van was parked this morning bud!!!
    james

    ReplyDelete