Total Pageviews

Friday 21 July 2017

Evening at portishead marina

Back to portishead marina for a bit of a short session with Judith again, and it was OK ish,  the gobies were obliging again with the first 4 falling to me,  so an early lead for a change.
Ok they ain't big but they are a challenge, we have had two species of these, the common and the black variety, so an early lead for me, but Judith was soon catching a couple,  and then she really upset my apple cart with an 8oz Ballan wrasse, bit of a surprise really.
It was nip and tuck after that, plenty of nips and bumps on the bait but difficult to transfer into fish, so as it was getting dark, (9.30) I had a proper bite which resulted in a schoolie bass making the score 9to8 to me with a tye on the species hunt, it may have been a narrow victory but at last I beat her, 😂
So another interesting session, and I enjoy it as its a nice change from match fishing,  although Judith has made it very competitive, also plenty of people stop for a chat so hopefully it encourages a few more to have a go, its easy and cheap to do, also a short lead or feeder rod would do if you don't want to buy a rod just to try it, but if you do enjoy it, its possible to buy a good little rod for about 30 quid.

No comments:

Post a Comment