Total Pageviews

Monday 10 July 2017

Judith rixons days out

After a very enjoyable week down here in West Bay in May, we thought that it would be nice to return for a rematch!
We came down on Friday evening after having to turn around because someone who will remain nameless (Tony ) forgot to put the LRF rods in the van, so Friday was just a beer and a walk around the harbour.
Saturday morning it was up and off to Portland for our first rematch, it was going to be a very hot day, when we got there and got all stuff out it was time for an ice cream to eat on the way to our spot.
Once there it didn't take long for our first bite, well mine which was a lovely wrasse, then my second and someone was sulking.

Tony did manage to catch one but by this time I had about 4 , we decided to move across to a different spot because quite a few people were swimming, one word there MAD.
Tony then started to catch a few but I was still ahead


 But boy was it getting hot, so we decided to cut our match short and head back home for some food and because we had some ragworm left a little dabble of the end of the pier at West Bay.
Final score from Portland me 11 sulking husband ended up with 8.
We didn't count the micro fishes that we caught on the pier, we got lots each  but I did have 2 weever fish and the biggest Weaver fish which Tony did unhook for me, forever the gentleman. We then carried on to catch wrasse, pouting but it did end up turning into Benny Blenny fest
Sunday morning we went to visit Karen to see her beautiful litter of large munsterlander puppies,

I neetd  a Munster fix but Tony was starting to suffer with his man flu, so it was back to the flat so that he could have a lie down for a few hours, which gave me time to watch the F1 race.
Early evening and after his nap we thought we would try a bit of beach casting , well lovely evening sat on the beach, not one fish bite on either rod big epic fail !!!
On to Monday and Tony feeling much better so after a breakfast at the greyhound 4.5 it was off to Weymouth old stone pier for an other rematch.
We started catching wrasse, Pollack and pouting straightaway but Tony did manage a Blenny so he won this one with species


I can't believe that we spent 6 hours fishing, we had some beautiful micro fish the colour variations between the different types of wrasse is amazing, so  in total we had 118 fish between us.
I only regret that we didn't discover this sort of fishing when the children were younger, it is easy and great fun for the family to spent a few hours with just a few squids worth of ragworm.
So after the match we walked back into Weymouth for fish and chips, it was only after I got back into the van that I found I had been walking back with a ragworm on my face !!!
Tomorrow we going to try Portland again, O the final score was 50 to me and 68 to him, I had to let him win at some stage because I couldn't cope with all the sulking😂

No comments:

Post a Comment