Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 July 2017

Float only league rnd 3

Back to Landsend fishery today for this one , which I like as is a nice fishery and di does a good breakfast on site, always hot and clean and ably assisted by olive.
So after everyone had eaten, it was draw time, as I had drawn Steve seager in the k/o I let him draw for me , especially as he had drawn peg 50 for himself, then he goes and pulls out peg 54 for me, two pegs back from the end of lake 3, its not normally in as its quite close to 55 in the corner, which today was inhabited by the ever cheerful Gary o,Shea, and I had rich lacey to my left on 51, but due to the tree's and bushes the only person I could see was my travelling partner Jason Radford who was opposite on peg 58.
At least I would be sat in the shade all day, which was handy as I had left my hat in the van. I had a chat with Joe McMahon who was on it last match, he said he caught best fishing to the far bank to the right against a bit of bank that had collapsed into the water, it was only about 6 inches deep but he said he left it to long to go in there,
 So I set up a 4x8 rig to fish in the shallows, also a meat rig for the right hand side just down the margin slope and the same rig would do for 7mtrs, and the last rig was a .2g rig to fish pellet as tight in as I could against the far bank, but due to the foliage it would be at least 18 inches off.
At the start I fed all lines (as you do), I started on the pellet rig over under the grass , feeding 6,s and fishing an 8 in the band, I didn't have to wait long for a bite and was soon playing a near double figure common, a good start, after netting that next put in I had a very good looking fully scaled mirror of about 4lb ,more than happy with this start.

Those were the only two fish I hooked on the deep pellet rig, I gave it another hour, even pushing it around the end of the island at 16 mtrs ,but that was my lot on that, most of the remainder of the match was spent over in the shallow water by the collapsed bank, when I first went in there I had a sensible run of fish before it went iffy, I did still manage odd fish right to the end of the match but it was never overly active, the margin meat line produced a 1 1/2 skimmer and the 7 mtr meat line gave me one carp, I never really new how the lake was fishing, there was a bit of banter going on, and I could hear some splashing to my right, by the end I thought I had 65lb plus, but Martin rayet on 61 was admitting to 60 lb so it may be close for the section, also Steve seager thought he may have 60lb , but Steve had just short of 60lb , I felt I had that beaten and I did as my fish went 74.6, and I beat Martin to win the section, so that's three section wins after three rounds.
The match was won by trig Edmunds on peg 15  with 202.14, not quite as much as I had off it last round, but he is getting there LOL
2nd was Bob gullick on 29 with 146lb
3rd, Leon Hubbard on peg 1 with 138.2
4th was Dave romain on 16 with 125.4
5th Dave white on peg 36 with 121 .2
6th Paul elmes on 9 with 117.14
Silver's
Des shipp on peg 32 with 35lb
Paul faiers on peg 39 with 20.6
Laugh of the day was rich lacy getting off his box and running away when a grass snake swam towards him, what a wuss ,
No matches next week as judith and me are off for another week down at west bay, so it will be beach fishing, no doubt an lrf rematch on Weymouth stone pier, and we may even get another days boat fishing at beer on the self drivers, must say I am looking forward to it, next float only is at shiplate farm in a fortnight, so if anyone can't make it please let me know asap as I have people wanting to fish if poss.

No comments:

Post a Comment