Total Pageviews

Monday 31 July 2017

Stafford moor fishomaniac weekend

I havnt fished this event for years, but now I have weekends off I didn't take much convincing to give it another go, so Judith and me were on our way at 6am on Saturday morning, which was only possible as my daughter agreed to dog and house sit for the weekend, so much love and thanks to Lauren, we stopped for breakfast at the rose ash cafe/ rest area, and it was ok, 4.25, only the sausages let it down, why do some cafes have to spoil things by using such crappy sausages.
Any way got to the fishery at 8.30 and got straight into the draw bag, and this is where my chance of winning a grand finished, 27 tanners was looking back at me , ok so me and Judith pleasure fished the swim a few weeks back and had a good day, but that's pleasure fishing,I did have an island at about 30 mtrs, so it gave me a glimmer of hope.

 but with des shipp to my left moaning , and Beal bakos with Clare to my right being his normal cheery optimistic self , and also Judith sat behind giving me a bit it was never going to be quiet, looking along the bank and the match was probably won before the start as the relentless trig Edmunds was on 36, which is an end peg, and with carp already noseying along the board's just past the bridge the writing was on the wall, the match for the three of us was pretty uneventful, des ended up with 5 carp and some silver's, I had 5 carp and a lot les silver's, and bela had no carp just silver's. Des had 44lb I had 36 and bela ended with 29, so that was us into the numpty match on sunday. I did lose three around the end of the island but even with those landed it would never had been enough.
As expected trig had a flying day fishing the pole long down by the boards, he did have a few quiet spells , but that was only when he had to wait nearly two minutes for a bite, but he ended with 350lb  for the win and a new match record for the venue, well done matey.
So off to the b and b to dry out and go into torrington with Judith, Ron hardiman and Brian shanks for a curry, a good evening as both of them are always good company.
Back to the b and b and a night's sleep, up for breakfast at 7.30, and a very good one it was aswell, a straight 5 and that was for the whole package , not the cheapest b and b but definitely one the best I have stayed in,
Off to the fishery, and I let Judith draw for me today and she pulled 11 on oak ,a new one for me as I have never fished it, luckily it was one of the best pegs on the lake, and after yesterday's struggle I was in dire need of a bit of a fish fix, it was deep as its on the dam wall of the lake , 8 foot deep at 4 mtrs and 13 , so I set up deep rigs to fish meat on the shorter line and hard pellet on the longer, on the deck but due to the depth I set up a shallow rig for the longer line, as I had three pints of caster and a kilo of worms I set up a margin rig to fish to my left at 6 mtrs, and a pellet rig for further along at 13 mtrs,
The worm and caster line attracted rudd, the shallow rig only got me one bite and that came off at the net, and the short meat line only gave me two fish, I had a nice day catching on the long line on the deck, feeding two pouches of 6 mm pellets after every two or three fish, not big fish but mainly 2to 4lb fish, the good thing with this peg is that you are looking directly up the lake so you can see what's going on

 and I was fairly confident I had won the lake as I thought I had 90 to 100lb, odd anglers had caught but I felt not enough, and I was right as I had 108 lb with 75 lb coming second off peg 15.

As for the fishomaniac match for the 1000lb, that went to my mosella team mate Steve Shaw on peg 1 with just over 200lb so a big well done to him but, he did have e a bit of good fortune as the angler on 36 lost one of his net's as he went over 90lb in it and losing the lot, you got to feel for him, as normal a big well done to jo and Paul for running a good two days , and the fishery is looking really good, and improving all the time, looking forward to my next visit already.

No comments:

Post a Comment