Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 August 2018

Float only lge, final round

Viaduct was the venue for this match, and with a damp and breezy day forecast, it should fish ok, stopped off at lillypool for breakfast and it was very nice too, 4.7.
Got to the fishery in plenty of time, I took a couple of pegs out due to no shows, but to be fair both anglers had good reasons for not attending.
I can't remember who drew for me but I ended up with 86 , it produced 180lb on Thursday, but that was on the lead, can't do that today though.
To my right was two pots bailey,  it he wasn't in my section, my.section was to my left, Shawn kitteridge on 88, trig on 90, Chris Davis on 94 ,and Shawn Townsend on 95, so quite a hard section, with trig being the favourite in the corner.
Shawn to my left is doing his best to grow a beard, definitely a work in progress.
I set a waggler to fish at depth at about 25 mtrs, a rig for 13 mtrs on the deck, and a margin rig for each side, the one for the left would also double for a shallow rig,
This is the only.picture I took during the match as it rained for the duration of the contest, it was very heavy at times aswell, I think the gore tex may need reproofing.
At the start I fed The relevant lines then started on the wag, expecting bites , but it took me over 30 minutes to get my first fish, presentation was awful, not the wind and rain causing problems , Steve has put an aerator on the end of the spit between 80 and 81, which in turn sends a current of water towards the end bank, pulling the float in and across to the left, I did manage two fish on the wag , but it was never going to happen, the rest of the match was spent on the pole, feeding 8,s and fishing the same,  it was a torrid time.The flow was pushing the rig through making foulers a huge problem, couldn't get a bite shallow, couldn't get a bite if I never fed, fouled when I did, but it wasn't just me today, virtually everyone I spoke to lost a lot today, with the cary fish causing the most problems.
There were some good weights today with the top six all having over 200lb with Dan ,(marine boy) white winning with 280lb, so well done to him, I never got a pic of him with his fish, but I did get one of him in the lake trying to find his phone and other bits after he fell in head first , no one laughed ,(much).
I needed.to win my.section to stay where I was going into this last match, I was lying third, but as expected trig won the section with 201lb , I was second with 115, so I thought I may just sneak in the overalls, and I did , coming 6th.
Top  silver weight today went to Shawn kitteridge with 43lb of skimmers.on soft pellet.
The overalls and todays winners are below, well done to trig who has now won this league 4 years.on the trot so well done matey, beating his mate.paul(beever)elmes by a point, but he did have a large.weight advantage.if needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment