Total Pageviews

Friday 31 August 2018

Thursday costcutter at huntstrete

Back on bridge again for the over 55,s , but not before the Toby inn breakfast, disaster, a burst water main in the kitchen meant the kitchen was shut, oh well back up plan it is then and a bit of a double back to the cafe in belland drive in whitchurch, nice to 4.5, only the sausages let's it down, as is the case with lots of cafes.
Got to the fishery in plenty of time and Mr Rolf got the draw sorted, into the bag and out comes peg 30, it's a peg I've done well on in previous matches, but it's a long way to the island, over 18mtrs, on my way to the peg I noticed what I thought was some fly tipping at the end of the carpark,
But I needn't have worried as Chris ollis came back to claim it all.
Soon got the peg and got sorted, a couple of rigs to fish on the deck as close as I could get with 17.5 mtrs, a shallow swinging rig to get a bit closer but with lots of foliage hanging off the island of could be difficult, and a rig to fish banded 6,s over hard 4,s at 5 and 13 mtrs.
Well it never went to plan today, started feeding across with hard 6,s and an 8 in the band, nothing happens !!!, And the first half went by with very little to show for my efforts, in fact at the halfway weigh in I had just over 12lb,
To be fair I probably blew my peg in the first hour and I couldn't see it getting any better in the second half, and it never, with nothing showing on the island except for some f1,s in the grass on the island eating the pellet over shooting, with about ten minutes to go I had about 10lb, then I noticed a boil down the right hand margin, where I had been feeding some pellets all match, so I dropped the swinging rig in and it went straight under with a nice double figure mirror, very welcome but never going to be enough, Martin McMahon on peg 21 won with 57lb , followed by Paul barnfield on 8 with 56lb, then John Smith on 16 had 50lb, I snuck in 4th with 34lb, so money back it was then, so not a complete.loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment