Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 August 2018

Over 55,s huntstrete bridge pool

After the normal decent breakfast at the Toby inn carvery in whitchurch, I drive the 12 minutes to the fishery, only 19 fishing today, so the numbers are down a few, holidays etc I think.
Nice to see Ray bazeley in attendance, handing.over some of his pension into the pools, cheers raymondo.


Got into the draw bag early, and out comes disc 28, a nice island peg,  its again 17mtrs, but at least it wasn't to windy.
For company I had Paul haines to my left and Pete greenslade to my right, so at least some good comany.to talk to, I chose a couple of spots to target on the island, one was a bit of a mud bank which stuck out a bit from the island.
That was a tad.over 16mtrs, the other spot was the end of the island which was a full 17.5 mtrs, so hard work.
One rig would do for both these spots, but I also set up a rig for just down the island shelf, and a rig for shallow against the island.
I began on the slightly deeper rig down the shelf, I was soon getting f1,s and small carp in banded 8mm over loosefed 6,s, feeding both spots with a catty, I spent the first three hours fishing towards the mud bank, catching both on the shallow rig and the rig for fishing on the deck by the mud, we have to stop at the halfway Mark to weigh all carp in, and putting over 63lb on the scales I had a nice lead as I think 17lb was second at this stage. The second session started, and it was more difficult by the mud so I spent most of the last couple of hours fishing the end of the island, again just pellet, I lost a few fish as there is a shallow bar on the end of the island which the fish go over, so a few hooks went , and toward.s the end my elastic snapped, on closer inspection, it.was definitely chaffed, but I had done enough, as my.second half weight was 54lb  giving me.a total of over 118lb, Paul barnfield was 2nd with 62lb from peg 20, and Harry Muir on peg 7 was third with 54lb, and steve.Dawson on peg 8 won the silvers.again with 25lb. Well done.
As normal weigh sheets below, there were certainly more fish caught in the second half of the match.



No comments:

Post a Comment