Total Pageviews

Monday 20 August 2018

Float only.rnd 5

The sedges was the venue for the penultimate round of this 40 peg league, so both time and brick lakes were used,
Jason and me stopped at lillypool for breakfast on the way , and it was very nice. 4.6 on the rixster scale. Got to the fishery and recieved the normal warm welcome Jamie and denise,
Got some nets sorted out as the fishery supplies them and waited for the players.to turn up, good to see Dave Lewis on time obviously he arrived from a music festival judging by his attire, seen here chatting to cosmic Kendra rayner.
Got the draw underway and about halfway down the queue up pops one of our junior competitors in the shape of Shawn kitteridge, so I let him draw for me, and 16 on brick lake was going to be home for the day, wasn't to upset as if you can't draw a corner the middle pegs are next choice, and when trig goes into the draw and pulls out peg 10, at least he wasn't in my section.
Neighbours today were Tom mangnal to my right and nicotine free nick Brown to my left.
I set up three pole rigs to fish pellet, one on the deck at 13.5 mtrs and another shallow for the same range, one for the margin left and right, a meat.rig for 5 mtrs, and lastly a pellet waggler , although I didn't expect to .such on it as the wind was strong and gusty blowing in left to right.
On the all in I fed all lines with the relevant baits, then began on the wag, I had a bite after 20 minutes which resulted in an 8lb common gracing the net. Another 20 minutes on the wag and not another touch, so I had an early.try.on the meat , three skimmers in as many out ins , and that was my.lot, I never had another touch on it for the rest of the match, apart from a brief spell on the wag in the middle of the match, when I missed a bite and lost a fouler, the wind was making presentation impossible, so most.of the match was.spent with the depth rig at 13.5 mtrs, gettimg.off bites, the fish seemed to want a bit slung at them, with the peg getting stronger. towards the end, by the end I had 80lb on the clicker but thought I may have a bit more, hoping for closer to 90lb, I was out a bit as I had a bit over 77lb, enough for a much need needed section win that's all, the match was won by Martin rayet on peg 40 with over 140lb, Gary o,Shea had 134lb for second with Glen Bailey weighing in 118 and trig 4th with 115, silvers.were.won by rich coles who had 22lb , edging out mosella supremo Vic Bush who had 21lb, weigh sheets below.

Next sunday see,s the last round , and that's on viaduct on Campbell and cary , it's fairly tight at the top with Craig Edmunds, Martin rayet and Paul elmes all on the same points, but trig  has the superior weight, all to play for between  those three.

No comments:

Post a Comment