Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 August 2018

Short pole rnd 3 Todber

Breakfast in cannards today , and nice it was ,4.25. Got to the fishery in plenty of time, Steve and me got the draw underway on time, and I let Freddy wojtyla draw.For me, and he handed me 59, happy with that, company wise I had Chris Davis to my left on 58, and the aged scribe  Mike "silverfox" nicholls on 60.
Three rigs today, a depth rig for topset and two, another for the same place but on the drop and off the deck, and a margin rig at topset length to my.left by a reed.clump.
At the start I began on the topset and two length feeding hard 6,s with a banded 8 on the hook, I began feeding some dynamite flavoured 4mm pellets.down the edge, only.cos I was given them to try,.I won't be trying them again as they had carp repellent on them, no fish over them in the margins whereas Chris was having tails up straight away in his edge, Mike was catching from the off on his favourite paste attack, by the end of the first hour I had less than 10lb in the net and was getting battered all round, (chip shop sausage), the fish didn't seem to want to eat.those  pellets in the margin and on the 5mtr line the carp wanted.to come up, but even on the half depth rig I couldn't get a sensible bite, so a rethink, got.off the  box and soaked some micros and 4,s to feed in the edge, and began feeding 8,s up the shelf at.topset and one, which was a bit better, also fish began to appear in the margin over over the normal skretting pellets, as it's a fish race on this lake it was going to be a struggle to claw back the early lead of the anglers.either side, I was catching well enough towards the end but the early bad spell was going to my downfall, I was beaten by Mike with 197lb and Chris the other side with 180lb, I ended with 150lb, still a good days.fishing , hence the following picture lol.
The weigh sheets below to to show what and incredible fishery this is, top on the day was joe McMahon on peg 42 with 268lb, beating venue expert Bob gullick in peg 50 with 240lb and then Martin rayet on 45 with 221lb . Silvers.went to Ryan shipp on 37  26lb of mainly skimmers.on meat and corn, second in silvers.went to Freddy wojtyla on 41 with 16lb , so.well.done.fred.
Out of the 27 fishing on the lake which means there is only one empty peg 20 anglers had over 100lb, the weighing in is always hard so many thanks to those who did it.


No comments:

Post a Comment