Total Pageviews

Thursday 9 August 2018

Shiplate Thursday costcutter

Picked Chris fox up nice and early, leaving us plenty of time for a breakfast.at.lillypool, and very nice it was too.
Got to the fishery with about 15 minutes to spare, so well timed .
Fancied pegs 1/2/3 or 15, well that never happened , but wasn't to upset to see peg11 looking back at me , it's a peg on the far bank with an end of an island and a nice bush to my left, which normally holds a few fish, but it's a bit of a tackle graveyard.
It was a chuck of about 30 mtrs to the island so I set up a middy fatboy (no jokes plz)waggler to fish out there, most anglers.tend to chuck a lead of method to the point, but I don't do that, my choice but I just don't enjoy it, and as the wind wasn't to bad on our side, I was confident of getting the wag to work especially as it was only about 18 inches deep, a long way off the island, I set up a .3g rig for down to the tree, on .22 mainline with a 16 b960 on .20, so pretty meaty stuff, but necessary when using tightened down solid 16 mosella ozone elastic, proper stuff. And I think solids have more stopping powers than hollows,
Other rigs were two to fish at 14 mtrs, one on the deck and the other a shallow rig.
On the whistle I cupped in some pellets at 14 mtrs and down by the bush, then went out on the wag, second chuck and I've had one, and at nearly.ten pounds it was.a.good start. And to be honest I did spend most of the match on  the wag, I did get one on the pole at 14 mtrs but only the one, also I had three from down by the bush, but they were the smallest fish of the day.
If I'm honest I have had a disappointing day, although I have ended up with 155lb which is a good days fishing in any match , I should have done a lot better, I've lost to many, mainly down to line malfunctions,  due to me not replacing my.line in the last 18 months, school boy error by me, well done to titch Williams who managed to get caught by 195lb fishing the method to the corner of the island on peg 3, and second spot went to Mike (silverfox) nicholls having 156lb from peg one, but he had also lost more than he cares to, with fish swimming around the corner of his peg into no man's land.
Well done to ron stark who won the silvers.from peg 14b with just shy of 30lb.
It was a nice day spent by a nice fishery, if not a bit torrid , there's always  sunday, round three of the short pole series which is at Todber manor on hillview lake, should be good.
Today's weigh sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment