Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 August 2018

Pleasure day

Decided not to fish a match today, instead I planned a day's pleasure fishing with judith,s and mine good friend, Tony harding who is over to sort out some things after losing his lovely wife barb, a few months ago.
I decided on a trip down to the sedges in bridgwater, especially as tone fancied a day on the method, and tile lake at this fishery is good for it with some islands to cast at, but firstly breakfast needs sorting, and today we went to Rachel's in hengrove, and it was very nice , 4.65.
It got polished off quickly and we soon on our way to bridgwater, it took about 45 minutes to get there,we  had a quick look around and decided to fish on pegs 21 and 22, Tony sat on 21 as it's a good method peg with an island, I soon had tony set up and casting ok.
I set up on 22 , only.set up a top set and 2, and started feeding pellets, soon had some fizzing , and had a couple of carp and some skimmers, I had a wander.down to see tony, and he was struggling, only a few skimmers to show for his efforts, so I got him to start feeding a short pole line, it soon started to fizz, so I set him up with my acolyte margin pole, no chance of him breaking that lol, and he never looked back, catching steadily for the rest of the day.
We both had a good afternoon and ended up with over 100lb, with some nice fish for both of us to 15lb +.
And to cap off a nice day we came back up the a38 and went into the Nelson in churchill, for a carvery, which is undoubtedly the best carvery out there, we were met there by Judith , Lauren and dean, and I'm still stuffed sat here two hours later writing this.
Off to viaduct this Sunday for the last of the float only.leagues, on Campbell and cary, should be ok, and with the weather starting to cool off a bit, it will be a lot more comfortable.
Also I am

No comments:

Post a Comment