Total Pageviews

Monday 6 August 2018

Sunday Stafford moor open

Bit of a drive today, but travelled with Dean malin, so by the time we had finished putting the world to rights again we were soon there, even after a stop at Taunton services for breakfast, which was ok, 3.99 on the rixster scale.
Only 18 fishing so we were all on woodpecker, which I liked aas I havnt.fished it.For a while, but then again I ain't been there much in recent years, I wish it was a bit closer as it's a good two hour drive each way.
Got into the draw bag towards the end and pulled out peg 11, which before it was repegged  was peg 20, a nice peg with a shallow ledge at 15 mtrs which comes out from the island which was over 30 mtrs away.
It also has a good margin to the right , which I was reliably informed was where I would possibly catch a lot of fish from, I must say it did look good.
For company I had Andy Dare to my right on corner peg 10 and Zac Newton to my left on 12, also I had travelling partner Dean Malik opposite on the far corner peg 9, I fully expected Andy and Dean to do well as the wind was blowing into the bank, and there were plenty of fish showing along the end bank.
I set a.rig to fish on the shelf, a shallow rig for swinging as the fishery has a ban on slapping, one for the right hand margin, and a lead.to drop into the pole line.
At the start I began feeding , but looked across and Dean had already booked one on his shallow rig , just using his topkit, I went out into the long line , and it took me a few minutes.to get a bite, carp one was soon netted, followed.shortly by another, but I was already behind Dean and andy, Dean was catching on the pole, while Andy had begun on the tip up along the end bank.
At the end of the first hour I was only on 3 carp, and having problems with carassio  which weigh 6/8 oz, also I had a few foulers, the match was a bit frustrating for me, I couldn't really catch shallow, I had three carp on it, and they were probably the three smallest carp I had, I was even catching the carassio shallow, but using 8mm hard pellet meant I was missing most, I should have fished 12mm hard pellet on the hook, as there would have been no chance of these nuisance fish getting it into there mouths, and the margin showed no signs of life till about the last 45 minutes, when I had a few but it was to little to late,
Andy was.first.to weigh and had 172lb, I ended up with 122lb which probably included 15lb of the small things.
As the scales.went round Andy was winning all the way until they got to Dean who  had caught 39 carp so probably had 200lb or there abouts, when they had finished weighing him he ended up with 215lb for a nice win, which was good as he has a bit of time off from fishing this year, BUT HE,S BACK, lol.
With a sink
Weigh  sheet below, it fished  and it was another hot day say in the sun, shouldn't moan as we will soon be scraping the windscreen in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment