Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 January 2019

Plantation lake silvers match

Paul faiers managed to get 5 dates to have silvers matches on the main lake at plantation lakes, so we ended with 18 fishing which is probably a couple to many as you generally need  a bit of space to feed around your swim and rotate around the peg, after breakfast at the bridge (3.25) we.got.to the fishery in plenty of time, so draw time and it went very well until there was a ticket short in the tub, ha ha REDRAW, all good the second time round, peg 10 was my.home for the day, not a peg of choice as it's every peg in along this bank and it is a bit tight, walking around I bumped into Mr faiers who had decided not to fish peg 11 as he was down and out with a bad case of girl flu, and it was a bit to tight between pegs , so instead of letting him to home to sulk, I talked him into fishing , which was a bit daft of me as it would have given me the room I needed to catch properly, he was to my left, and on my right was Darren vowles, so it was like being pegged between clevedon,a answer to Morecambe and wise, but less funny 😂.
Set a couple.of rigs fairly quickly, both to fish maggot caster of soft pellet, as it's a fairly uniform depth the same.rigs would do everywhere, before the start I wandered back to the van to get something, and couldn't resist taking.a.picture of Geoff(the duck whisperer) Francis mixing his groundbait in a baby builders bucket, I think he has been travelling to much with Mike nicholls.
At the start I began on caster over groundbait at 11 mtrs, after putting a bit of groundbait and micros out at 14mtrs, also started feeding caster at 5mtrs, without droning on to much , it was a harder day than normal on this normally prolific silvers.lake, as we thought the pegs that did well we're those with a bit of room, I couldn't catch on the 5 mtr line , most of the fish came at 11 and 14 mtrs, some skimmers up to  nearly a pound and some.roach, Paul to my.left did manage two better ones which would go about 5lb between them, he even had one of them in the mouth, but I was happy.to end with 13.11 as it was difficult, bite could be got but you had to work at it switching and feeding between the two main lines, Paul had 15lb to my.left and Darren to my right had nearly 6, so a tough end, too on the day was dave.wride on peg 32 with 27lb of soft pellet snared.skimmers, and Dave willmott on peg 3 had 22lb 4 mainly.roach, weigh sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment