Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 February 2019

Chilton trinity open match

Decided on a change today, so Jason and me were off down the a38 towards bridgwater, breakfast today was in a new place, the parkway cafe/diner, which has started opening at 7 for anglers, and it was nice ,also Mike West joined us .4.4, so I will be back.
Drove the 5 mins to the fishery, and found a sensible turnout 18 , so a nice number affording everyone a bit of room, as is normal here you always get a warm welcome from the family,
I got into the draw quite early and pulled out peg 14, which just happened to be the golden peg aswell, Mike West was.to my right on 12 and dave Evans to my left on 15, it had been a foggy journey down and it was still lingering now,  at least it hid Jason from view who was directly opposite.
Rigs today were a margin rig but it was a none starter as it was to deep for my liking, I did try but never had a bite on it, two other rigs were one for pellet at 14 mtrs, and a meat rig for topset and one and 11 mtrs,  both with .5g floats which would be more than heavy enough, even in the 8 foot of water with the lake being full up.
On the whistle I fed all lines and began on meat at 11 mtrs, I had a couple of minor indications before something more positive resulted in a 6lb carp being safely netted, that was my.Only fish on that line, I did see a couple a bubbles come up on the short line, so dropped the rig in there and had a nice 8lb ghostie.
The rest.of the match was spent on the  long line fishing banded 6mm pellet over hard 4,s, it was a frustrating match for , plenty of fish appeared to be present, but hooking them in the mouth was proving difficult, the float would go under and the fish would be hooked instantly, so they were on or about the bottom, Tom mangnal on peg 17 had a few shallow, so with about two hours to go I butchered my margin rig and turned it into a shallow rig, I hooked two on that, one came off, and I landed the other, which was a big fish probably close to 15lb of angry common, and I managed.to snap the topkit in the process, doh.
Gary o,Shea on peg 9 was also getting odd fish shallow, so here is that crappy word again, hindsight, should have set up  in the water rig at the start, especially as the day was exceptionally warm probably 15/16c,
Anyway by the end I had 71lb on my clicker for carp,  it I also had 10lb+ of accidental silvers on the hard pellet, but I new it wouldn't be enough as to had a purple patch in the last hour and had caught well down towards empty peg 18 on corn, and reckoned on having 100lb , and he wasn't to far out as he had 106lb for first on the day, well done  i says through gritted teeth, lol.

It's my.own fault, I didn't beat him as I probably fed a bit to much, even though I only fed about 3/4 of a pint of 4,s, I had a fair bit of fizzing .so my 83lb should have been a lot better, still it's been a nice day,
Silver,s went to Phil d on 28 with 21 of skimmers and small fish, so that was good, it's nice to see the silvers coming on so well, also the carp are in sparkling condition. Weigh sheets below, and as it shows it's fished well.

No comments:

Post a Comment