Total Pageviews

Friday 15 February 2019

Plantation silver,s match

Back on the main lake today, which is probably one of the fairest silver fish lakes about, maybe this is because apart from some bankside maintenance the owners do very little else, all the fish are in excellent condition, apart from some of the carp whose mouths are a bit worn, but they do get caught a lot during the warmer months.
Travelled Chris fox today and we stopped in the bridge for breakfast, again bypassing the sausages and having more bacon, all they need to do now is but some better quality coffee beans, (4.25).
This won't be a long blog as I'm a bit strapped for time, I had 16 fishing which is about as many as I like on there as it means there's no conflict between anglers,
I ended up on 14 today which is permanent peg 30, it's on a point with plenty of water to go at, to my right was Martin leaky on 13 (29) and Mike Jones to my left on 15 (37 I think).
At the start I fed a ball of groundbait at 13 mtrs in front with caster in and another same distance to my right but with micros in, and started feeding caster at 6 mtrs and down the left hand margin in 3 foot of water, the weather was glorious with unbroken sunshine 🌞, which was nice although I don't think it helped the fishing, I a nutshell the caster and groundbait line have me few small skimmers and roach, the pellet line was the best for better skimmers,  I did get a couple of fish in soft pellet but single maggot seemed the best bait, carp became a problem later in the match with Martin hooking one a bung at one stage, I only had one proper bream of over 2lb the rest were 6 to 12oz, also when the left hand margin for  shaded from the sun I had a few better roach there.
The 6mtr caster line was a none starts really, with only a few small.roach and a 6ozskimmer,
At the end it was hard to say who had won, but t it seemed Dave wride on 10 had caught all day although a lot of his fish were small, it turned out to be a close affair with Dave wride winning with 24lb, with several anglers having over 20lb, I ended up with 19.15 with a lost decent skimmer probably costing me overall, but others lost fish aswell, but that's fishing for you, weigh sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment