Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 February 2019

Plantation silver,s match

Travelled on my own for this one, so first stop was the bridge in yatton, and I got to say providing you don't have the sausages which are really bad and have extra bacon instead, it's very nice (4.5).
Got to the fishery and wandered around to peg it, 17 fishing today which is probably one more than I would like, but it should be ok, today we had the fishery expert fishing in the shape of Mark broomsgrove with us, and my one pound benefactor Mathew culpin, he's even got his very own pound jar on the side in my house, but the way it's going I may have to upgrade it to a bucket.
I got the draw started and waited till the last but one and ended up with peg 2 which is old peg 3, a nice peg but to be honest you get a day's fishing in most pegs on this lake as it's one of it not the best silvers lake in the area.
Company wise I had Paul faiers on peg 1 and to my right was Glen "I wish the paste was working" bailey, and I had to sit and look at Dave wride all day who was directly opposite,
I set up three rigs, a couple of .3g rigs, one  double bulked the other with spread shot in the bottom half and a spread shot rig for roach at 4 mtrs. The wind was going to be troublesome as it was quite strong and blowing left to right making the trip  go with it, never a good combination.
At the start I cupped in two balls of groundbait with some caster in on the 11 mtr line slightly to the right, and another 2 balls with soaked micros slightly to the left at 13 mtrs, and began feeding caster short, I started on the 11  mtr line with caster and had a couple of roach, it was a bit slow looking around the lake, about 20 minutes in and I began to catch 6 to 8oz skimmers, then a few better ones turned up, the wind was making presentation difficult, if it eased a bit I could catch properly, but it was going ok, everyone seemed.to be catching , with good roach and skimmers being caught in most areas , I kept.trying to catch over the 13 mtr line, but apart from one skimmer and a handful of roach the fish didn't want to be there, the groundbait and caster line was by far the best, with single caster seemingly favoured by the fish, the short line wasn't to good although I did have a few.roach, but the peg is tucked back in a bit and roach wouldn't settle, towards the end of the match the carp decided it may be time to put in a bit of an appearance, so the last hour instead of getting better for silvers became a carpfest, at the end it was impossible to say who had won, we began the weigh in on peg 1 with Paul faiers, and he set the benchmark with just short of 30lb, a nice mixture of fish.
I was next and put 39lb on the scales, a lovely days fishing, I think there were a few more pounds to be had if the wind had been a bit kinder.
The lake fished really well with 4 weights over thirty pounds, with mine coming out  on top with 39.4, rod Wooten was second with 33.6, and dave.wride third with 32.12, the full weigh sheet is below.

No comments:

Post a Comment