Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 March 2019

Viaduct winter league rnd 5

This was the final match in this popular  series, my turn on the match lake today with a few pegs on spring and middle, apart from possibly 37 on middle the rest would be best avoided. So Clint went in to do the draw and ideally hoping for a swim on the match lake for me, and he did me ok coming back with 43, it's on the left hand bank, second peg in on the island, normally a good pole and wag peg , but with the wind meant to be gusting up to nearly 50mph and coming from a more southerly  than westerly direction, meaning it would be coming from the right, for company I had Craig Horton on 42 and Steve Tucker on 44.
I was going to keep it simple.today, only bait on the table was a tub of 8mm meat, confident of stupid , only time would tell.
That's a big bait tray for very little bait lol. I set up a wag and a straight lead, and also a pole rig (4x12) to fish meat at 5 mtrs, that was about as far as I wanted to go in the wind, Steve to my left did set up to fish 14mtrs, but struggled when he did try.
On the whistle I began on the wag, and twenty minutes in I had three good f1,s in the net, but the wind was making it impossible to feed or even cast a float to where I needed to be , I did persevere with it and if the wind allowed the float to stay close to the island I could get a bite, so it was a case of trying the wag when the wind would allow , but switch to the tip when it got to bad, i felt the wag was giving me.more bites  but the lead was  easier to fish, I had been feeding the the short pole line all match, and had tried it a few times during the match, with only two skimmers.to show for my efforts, then with 20 minutes to go, some fish arrived when I had three decent carp and an f1 , I didn't want it to finish, I new I had done ok on the match lake, but unfortunately I had a good view of the Edmunds on 37 who had had 6 carp and twenty  pounds of skimmers, and today was The decider in our pound side bet as it was two a piece in the league, he weighed before me and had 86lb total,

 I thought it may be close, I had looked in one net and it looked like about 65lb and I had two decent carp in another net, but it wasn't to be as my fish went just over 80lb, close but not close enough .
So he got the shout 3 to 2 in the pounds, but luckily I had covered my bets by having a quid in every round with mat culpin, cheers Matty, well done trig.
Also trig was.second individual in the league behind Andy power, and his spotted fin team won the league beating the Preston innovations star.studded team into second by two point, all the weigh sheets listed below as normal, and as you will see, the corners on Campbell were the place to be, well done all the framers.on the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment