Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 March 2019

Landsend individual winter league rnd 5

This is the penultimate round of this league, only one no show which was a surprise as the weather was going to be a bit blustery (50mph westerly) again, but after one of di,s  last breakfast as they are shutting the cafe as if the end of this month, it will be missed, 😟. A 5 today.
A few rigs today, two .4g pc slims for the right and left margins, one for meat and one for pellet, a meat rig for topset and one which as much as I could hold in the wind, and lastly a first for me, I set up a straight lead to fish on the end of the island, in all my years fishing here it's the first time I have succumbed to dark art , but it was a case of neccesaty as I was doing well in the league and I needed good section points.
I had Russ peck opposite on 24 so it looked as though we would be sharing the island, after fishing the winter league at viaduct he soon learnt it was acceptable to cast your lead wherever you liked, lol, but he was good today.
I started on the short meat line, but it was impossible to hold still, Russ began on the tip and was soon playing his first carp on meat, so I put down the meat rig and picked up the lead rod, put a 8mm hard pellet in the band and plopped it on the end of the island.
A little video just to prove I did it, aaaaargh.
I didn't take to long for me to nearly lose my rod, carp one in the net, next chuck another, then I lost a fouler, then nothing, so I have it a few minutes more, then went down the right hand margin, and apart from one more on the tip, one on the short meat line the rest of my match was spent in my right hand margin fishing topset and one with banded 8mm pellet over hard 6,s, catching odd carp up to about 9lb, I needed to get the rig as far under the branches as I could, it is still 3 foot deep right to the bank, and it's a bit of a banker for a few fish normally.
Russ continued to catch a few on tip,  it as the match went along it soon became apparent that now McMahon on peg 16 was catching well short on meat as was Bob gullick on peg 19, also Stu Barnett on peg 5 had begun to moan on a good run of carp short on meat towards the end, , I don't think anyone was to upset to here the all out, as I had spent most of the day having to look directly into the game my eyes felt like they had been shotblasted, I can't remember another match that I have had to look into a wind that was that strong for the duration of the match, our lake was won by Bob gullick with 148lb, and he didn't even need the ten pounder he had before the start on a bare hook.
How McMahon came second with 125and I was third with 93lb, that was also too three in the match on the day.
And I had to give Bob gullick his quid back from the last round, oh well swings and roundabouts as they say .well.done bob.
The weigh sheets for the three  lakes are below, and it fished ok to be fair, and it's good to see there is a lot of work going on at the fishery with Mike employing a permanent helper which will be good. It's already beginning to look better.



No comments:

Post a Comment