Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 March 2019

Over 55,s and disabled

Back to huntstrete again today for the start of this year's popular matches for the over 55,s and disabled, 12 minutes from my door to the fishery, that makes a change. Only 19 fishing today which is a few down but at least it afforded us a bit of extra room, I got quite early into the draw bag and pulled out peg 28, definitely a run to peg, it's got an end of an island to fish to, and the f1,s and carp run around the islands in this lake, it's a long way off 16/17 mtrs, but with no wind today it should be quite easy.
I only set a meat rig rig for 5mtrs, and two pellet rigs for over towards the island, one just off in about 2 foot of water, and the other up on the island shelf in 15 inches of water, the island does have a nice look to it, even if there are a few branches and bits hanging off the it.
The short meat line was a waste, only.one bream, and only.one fish on the shallower island rig, all my sport was on the slightly deeper rig, I fed 6mm hard pellet via a catapult and fished a banded 8mm on a b960 size 16 on .16 line. And I've had an enjoyable day catching small carp and f1,s, it wasn't hectic, just nice and steady,  In the end I thought I had about 90lb, but the scales.told a slightly different story with my nets going just over 103lb .

. The lake as a whole has fished a bit hard , I don't think the bright sunshine, no ripple and a slight frost helped., Mike nicholls came.second from peg 16 with just short of 37lb.
Top silvers.went to hughie(eggo) Evans on peg 31 with 18lb, catching roach and some.skimmers up in the water.
The weigh sheet s are below, and also I am running a match on Shiplate farm next Thursday on West pool, ring  or txt me to book in, it will be a 9am draw.


No comments:

Post a Comment