Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 March 2019

Plantations silver,s match

This is the last one for now at this excellent silvers lake, the carp and pleasure anglers take over from now on, so we won't be back till next winter, breakfast in the bridge was still very nice as long as you body swerve the sausages and have extra bacon, (4.5).
Got to the car park to find we only Had 11 fishing which is a shame as the fishing is so good. I whizzed round and pegged it, trying to make sure I could give most people a bit of respite  from the 40 mph winds, so it meant all the best bank was empty just in case a pleasure angler turned up, most unlikely in this weather.
I drew.for mat culpin and handed.him 2, which is permanent peg 19, then he drew for me putting me on 11, and peg today , and it was.permanent peg 39, for company I had me old mate.Ron hardiman to my right, to my left was the empty end bank, which normally holds plenty of carp, I hoped they would stay away !!!
I only set up two rigs, a .4g drennan wire stem float double bulked to fish over groundbait at 9 mtrs, and a 4x12 for roach at 4 mtrs, and if necessary the lighter rig would do for over the groundbait line.
On the whistle  I cupped in three balls at 9 mtrs.and began feeding caster short.
It was a slow start , slower than normal.
Ron was  hooking  carp and I did remind him a couple of times that this was a silvers match, ha ha .
I shouldn't have.said it to him really as it wasn't long before I had the same problem,  I was getting a few.skimmers over the groundbait mainly on caster but a few on maggot.aswell, I thought  i as doing ok at one stage, but the carp became a real nuisance, short line , long  line, they seemed to be wherever I fed.
And it certainly upset the swim, making catching the required silvers very difficult, as the match went on it became clear that Mark broomsgrove on 8 was.doing the business, and further along that bank John fuidge and steve Rolf were catching, as far as I could tell as I couldn't quite see. By the end I had over 20lb but had  hooked 18 carp, and maybe spiked a few more, there were plenty there as to my left along the end bank they were showing all day.
I started at my peg with the scales and put 24.8 in the net, but that was no good today as mark(venue expert lol) broomsgrove had 43.8 of skimmers.and roach a proper nice net of fish, well done.
John fuidge was second with 39  and Steve Rolf had 38, and apart from a couple everyone else had over 20, it's a really good silvers.lake, and to be honest the carp fishing for small to med size carp is also very good.
I have sunk to new depths today and had to hand over a quid to mat culpin, ouch that hurt 😂😂😂😂😂😂.
The weigh sheet below,

No comments:

Post a Comment