Total Pageviews

Friday 22 March 2019

Huntstrete silvers match

Last match in this series run by Dave gillard, well.done matey. Only money to be won on the series was in the k/o, and today.I was in the final against Mike jones, a sneaky old boy from back in the day when he was certainly one of the main men on the cicuit, not just locally but known nationally, he even came second in a good looking male.angler competition to that well known male model dickie carr, I hope the vote was rigged lol.
We.were.allowed to draw first as it was the final, Mike pulled peg 7, then I go and pull out peg 8, so a proper peg to peg battle,

 and with Mike nicholls on 6 there was certainly a few.years on the bank between us, well more them to be honest.
I only set up two rigs, a .6 rig for skimmers , hopefully, at 5mtrs and 2 lines at 11mtrs, 11 and 1 o'clock, and a .4g shotted.to fish more on the drop in case they fish wanted a falling bait, on my left was Steve tanner who always insists on a quid, and I hate to disappoint,
At the start I cupped in two balls on the two longer lines with casters in and one ball at 5mtrs, and began feeding some caster over the short line. I had only just  finished feeding and both Mike's were landing decent skimmers, I went out and had a 1oz sample, that wasn't scripted.
It certainly.didn't pan out to be a fish fest today, odd people were getting a.few, of the anglers I could see Mike nicholls was getting odd better skimmers on soft pellet then later in the match he had a run on pinkie, also Steve Dawson on 15 was catching steadily with fish of all sizes, no matter what I did, I couldn't string any fish together, it was a case of having  to switch between all my lines nicking  odd fish, nothing big , my biggest skimmer was just over a pound, I even had to catch some roach halfway up the shelf to my left on my topkit just to keep putting something in the net, I only did that as Mike Jones had odd fish doing the same, Mike also had 5 better skimmers in the edge , but it wasn't enough as at the end I had 15lb+ to his near 9lb, overall steve.Dawson won with 28lb,

Dave wride was 2nd with 25lb off unfancied peg 18 and Mike nicholls had 24lb, so it fished ok, weigh sheets below.
As far as the tanner quid goes I had to put up a road block in the car park as he was trying to make a break for it .

No comments:

Post a Comment