Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 March 2019

Ivy house, heron lake

Haven't been to ivy house for a few months, so with nothing else on it was the ideal opportunity, took Jason to buy my breakfast, and very nice too, always tastes better when someone else has to pay for it LOL.
Heron is a new lake Andy has dug fairly recently, and he had filled it with thousands of small carp, a few.hundred bigger.carp and lots of f1,s, which I was told were.the fish to catch to do well as they are 5 times bigger.than most of the carp, which average 2 to 5oz,
I got into the draw queue early and pulled out 17, not the best of draws by the seem of things but I was told by several people that some of the better carp seem to like this area, but it didn't sound as though there were many f1,s around this end of the island.
I set up a rig for maggot.over groundbait at 13 mtrs, a method that has been producing on this lake, a pellet rig for 16 mtrs, where I managed to get into the shallower water.towards the island, Andy has a 16mtr limit at the fishery, and there is a ban on long lineing aswell, which was a shame.As I could have easily reached the island with another extension, also a maggot rig for the same.16 mtr line, and a small waggler to fish  near the island.
At the start I began on the 13 mtr line with maggot, but after 15 minutes I had only had one fish, so I switched to the banded pellet at 16 mtrs, and began catching small carp straight away, but they were tiny, but feeding hard 4,s and banding a 6 at least I was catching well , but Gary etheridge on 21 was flying , catching f1,s, which were 4 or 5 times bigger than my carp. And it never improved for me as the fabled better fish never showed and I never had any f1,s till the last hour when I managed a few on maggot, in hindsight(I hate that word) I should have switched to maggot earlier as I may have had a few more, but I don't think it would have mattered to much as Gary caught to the end, so he was always looking like the winner, and he was as his net of all f1,s went 88, pushing Ryan shipp into second who had 67lb from peg 3.
The full weigh sheet is below as normal, shows there were plenty of fish caught , even if most were very small, hopefully they will grow on, quickly I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment