Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 February 2019

Viaduct winter league rnd 4

Stopped off at cannards well for breakfast and it was good, 4.35, hot and tasty.
Got to the fishery and draw time soon arrived, my turn on on lodge lake for this round, and I fancied either of the first pegs on cary, a corner on lodge or either side of the rope, Leon did the draw, and on paper it looked ok, Leon on 127, Ron on 96 me on the monk , 64, Clayton on 47 and out illustrious leader Clint on 15, not really a bad peg there if I'm honest.
My peg has had lots of form over the years , it's the end peg on the right hand bank going into the corner to my right, this lake is float only for this league, but with the end bank being 17.5 to 19 mtrs away, I was in for a painful day, at least it wasn't to windy, for company I had Martin rayet opposite on 66, and Craig (nudd)Edmunds to my left on 62, who now looks nice and clean in his new Browning colours. But where have those extra chins come from matey.
Back to my swim and there was no point in setting up a silvers rig as it's an out and out carp peg, but today I thought it was going to be hard as the lake had developed a brown algae bloom which most fish don't like, so I set up a couple of rigs , both  to fish meat, one rig would do for the empty pellet to my left, a bit of an adjustment meant I could use it at 6 mtrs, and at 17 mtrs to my right about 1.5mtrs off the end bank, another rig for 17mtrs again but fishing over the top of the monk right to the end bank, I also set a wag to fish towards the end bank with treble maggot.
To put it bluntly the fishing was  crap on our lake, with bites being at a right premium, I started on the wag after feeding a bit of meat on all pole lines, I gave it 45 minutes with one 2oz hybrid to show for my efforts. So a switch to the pole line but not against the bank, I had a liner , so lifted.and dropped the meat back in, and after.a.few.seconds I had a carp on, safely netted and at about 12lb it was very welcome, I never had another bite on that line, and to be honest I couldn't get a bite anywhere else, down the edge to my left, six mtrs and I changed.the hook on  wag to fish meat,   and that never worked either, I did have two bites against the end bank, which resulted in two more carp, so with thirty pounds in the net I was quite happy,  that's all I've got to report on my day. Basically three bites on meat and one in maggot, four fish and it's always hard when you ain't catching, especially  waving 17.5mtrs about, my three carp and small small hybrid went 31lb which was good enough for fourth on the lake, beaten by Ken rayner on 74 with 58lb, Steve Tucker on 107 with 50lb and Ben hagg on 70 who had 35lb, so  definitely form pegs ruled on our section today, oh and I nearly forgot, I got a quid off trig, so that's two a piece and all to play for on the last match in a fortnight.
and I did feel a bit for Martin rayet opposite on 66 As he books three carp, lost them all and weighed 2 1/2 oz,  I think trig may be giving you a bit of stick tomorrow in work .As normal the weigh sheets are all below, with the warmer bit of weather everyone was expecting the lakes to fish a lot better, but the fish obviously had other ideas.





No comments:

Post a Comment