Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 October 2019

Burnham lower light

With small tides now, Steve ace said it would be a good one for lower light at Burnham on sea, so try and get there for 7 and fish the first 3 hours of the flood, which Steve reckons to be the best, so straight in from work, change and out the door with judith, we stopped off at the local burger joint for a large portion of cheesy chips and we were away. Got to Allendale drive and tackled up by the van as it's a bit to torrid assembling kit in the mud, and take as little kit as we could get away with, is was planning to walk up as far as the lighthouse, but there were already a few other anglers there, so we dropped in a couple of hundred yards short of that, soon had us baited up with rag and lug cocktails, and launched both baits out into the mirror flat sea.
15 minutes in and I decided to change the baits, so while doing Judith , my tip started dancing about, woohoo first blood to me, only small at about a pound but anything for us off the beach is a bonus, Judith holding it up for me .
Bragging rights with me at the mo then, but I should have known it wouldn't last, Judith got in on that just after that with a better eel of about 3lb,
Next chuck out it didn't take to long for her to get another, this time a smaller one of about 2lb, but to be fair it fought much harder than the previous one, so I was expecting a larger one as I waited on the water line .
I was changing the fairs and fully expected to catch more myself but it wasn't to be, Judith had a cocking which is a first for her, so that puts her even further in front in our species contest, I think I'm about 5 behind at the mo.
Then to cap it off she gets a small whiting to finish the evening off, not a first for her luckily.
So it was a good short spell by our standards as we normally catch nothing off the beach, and we never missed a bite,
With the wind blowing down the beach from the right , we could hear the other anglers to our right talking , and they were catching aswell,  conger and a ray  was beached, on yes and someone had a doggy, so there seem to be plenty of fish about, and the estuary further up seems to be really good with plenty of cooking showing, a good time to get out methinks, as for my evening , the pheromones did me again, I think if any bait company out there can bottle female pheromones as an additive they will be on a sure fire winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment