Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 October 2019

Viaduct silvers league round 1

Travelled with Chris fox today, so we stopped in the Toby inn carvery in whitchurch for breakfast, ok 4.35.
Got to the fishery with 15 minutes to spare, so all good.
I managed to get near the front of the queue for the draw and opened up my ticket to see peg 130 on Campbell written on it, it's on the far side of Campbell, so at least the howling gale would be off my back,

I had some good company either side in the shape of Stu woods to my left on 129, and Dave romain to my right on 131, there was still a bit of colour in the water, so I set up a rig to fish caster at topset and one, then two rigs for 11 and 14 mtrs, one a positive double bulk rig with a 16 hook for worm or maggot, and the other a conventionally shotted rig with an 18 on the end , I decided to attack a bit today so I decided to put in 3 good balls at 11 mtrs and 4 at 14 mtrs , all with some chopped worm and caster in. At the start after feeding the two lines with the groundbait I started on the short line, I say there looking at a motionless float , whereas dave.and Stu both catching odd fish, 30 minutes in  and only two small roach to show for my efforts, so out on a piece of worm at 11 mtrs on the double bulk rig, no bites, so a switch to triple maggot, aaargh, carp on !!!!!, Next out a tidy skimmer, a few minutes later I had another, so I had clawed back some weight against the anglers each side. As the match progressed I was doing ok, I was ahead of Dave and stu, I was getting odd better skimmers on the 11 mtr line mainly,  but carp were being a right pain, I landed a few and lost several, dave.to my right was hooking carp on all lines as was Stu on my left, and poor old gabe skarba the other side of the spit on 128 was .losing them just for fun, snapping his wag rod in the process, , all was.going well till the last hour, when Mr romain stopped booking carp on his short line and was getting tidy skimmers instead, I thought it was close going into the last few minutes, when we both booked a skimmer with about 1 minute to go, mine jumped 4 times.and fell off, whereas dave duly netted his, I didn't think it would matter though, Dave was.First to weigh and had 25.5, it could be closer than I thought, my fish went 24.14, but I wasn't bitter, (much lol), that flying skimmer did cost me, well done Dave romain. so a second in section start will have to do then. Weigh sheets below.



No comments:

Post a Comment