Total Pageviews

Friday 11 October 2019

Shiplate Thursday costcutter

Back to this lovely venue again, plenty of bites to be had here, whether it's carp or silvers, virtually guaranteed action, and no brambles.
Not to many here today ,only 14 today a few.down on previous weeks, but it just means more room for everyone,
I was first into the draw bucket , and blow me down if I didn't go and pull the second best peg in Somerset, 15 , a peg I have never drawn, so I was looking forward to it, the best peg in Somerset, peg 1 was occupied by fishery regular titch williams, so we could keep an eye on each other.
As it's an end peg I decided not to fish to long today, so it was 13 mtrs maximum. I set up a pellet rig to fish on the deck there, and a shallow rig just in case. A margin rig for down the left and a short meat rig. For company to my right was Paul faiers, who was going to fish for silvers as he had left his method rod at home,
I started off on the deck at 13 mtrs, and was soon on the end of fouler, which came off, in fact I lost 4 before I landed one, I've had it before where fouling can be a pain , but sometimes if you just keep plugging away all things come good, and today was The same , it wasn't busy but odd carp kept gracing the net, Fitch was also struggling, I never had  a fish shallow, the margin only gave me three smaller carp,  it the short meat line came good for the last 45 minutes, where I had three good carp and several more than useful skimmers, I thought I had beaten titch, but you can never tell as a few bigger fish can make the differnce, I was first to weigh and had 14lb of skimmers and 92lb of carp , and was too weight all round the lake , the only threat was titch and luckily I beat him by about 10lb, so those lake skimmers were more than welcome.
As normal the weigh sheet below,
Back to Shiplate again on Sunday for another round of mat Culpin,s snake lake ripoff, I hear he has already put his kit on peg 1 on Hawthorn LOL 😂.

No comments:

Post a Comment