Total Pageviews

Monday 14 October 2019

Mut calpins snake lake challenge

Back to Shiplate farm today for rnd 4 of mats inaugural snake lake league, and it's a been an enjoyable experience so far as it's being contested by a nice bunch of people, breakfast in the wooden spoon again in weston super mare,, 4.65.
And it was raining again, we had had a load overnight, plenty of massive puddles about and the lakes had come up by several inches, mut got the draw underway on time, and I was first into the hat, I had a proper victor meldrew moment, I DONT BELIEVE IT, peg 14 squircle for the second time, I had a third in section off it last time, and I couldn't see much changing today with Mark broomsgrove on peg 6 and Lewis Jones on 8, so the other 4 of us were on a damage limitation exercise,
Pretty much the same rigs as last time, a pellet rig to fish in several areas in the deepest water (3foot), a margin rig for each side , and the same rig would do for the island, and a short meat rig, I also had a pint of maggots with me just in case it was really hard.
at the start I fed about 6 pellet lines and the short meat line, beginning close to the island I soon had a goldfish , then another, and another, you need proper carp on this lake to stand any chance of doing well , and it soon became obvious the carp were off to the right of me , in pretty much the same area as last match, Mark on peg 6 was making the most of the 5 empty pegs to his left , catching steadily, mainly proper carp with a few goldies for good measure, to his right and with an empty peg between them, Lewis Jones was also getting in on the act, so as expected first and second in section was signed and sealed, back to my swim, my keepnet was beginning to look more like a pet shop aquarium with ever fish, I resigned myself to not being in better than third again in the section and got my head down for the small golden lovelies with the odd carp thrown in, even the carp I did have were about the same as the goldies weight wise, I was glad I had bought the maggots as they turned out to be the best bait, fished over hard 4,s, Mark won the section with 79lb , Lewis was second with 50+ and I ended up third again with 32lb,

 not a good result but not a total disaster, Landsend for the next two rounds, so hopefully I will do better there.
as a whole the lakes fished hard today, Bob gullick was too weight on the day with 114lb from peg 9 on Hawthorn, so well done to him.
league organiser mat drew.the fancied peg 15 on West pool but likely they didn't fancy casters today as I managed to win back my pound from last time.
Weigh sheets below as normal, this Thursday it's back to huntstrete on the main lake for another silvers match, then on Sunday it's back to viaduct for the silvers league,



No comments:

Post a Comment