Total Pageviews

Friday 18 October 2019

Huntstrete main lake silvers match

This was the second match we were allowed to have, trying to remove some silvers to go into bridge, the last one was quite hard, and I didn't expect to much to change, and it didn't to be honest so this will be short and sweet.
But not before I mention Jeff Grant who managed to find a pair of non binary, gender fluid fishing boots, so we thought that today he would be identifying as an oompah loompah.

Mike nicholls got the draw underway and I pulled out disc 10, which today was going to be the end peg on the left hand bank, not right at the end probably about 4 or 5  pegs back up, at least I had about an acre of water to draw from. It looked nice but I feared the worst, Geoff Grant was on it last match and struggled for just over 3lb, but it looked nice.

Set up the same rigs with skimmers in mind, and was pleasantly surprised to find the same depth as the peg  I had last time, but that was a close as it got to the last match, it turned into a plippy roach match for most, but even they wouldn't settle,  probably due to the numbers of pike that were chasing them about, I should have changed things about and fished for them, but no I really felt the skimmers and bream may have a feeding window, but no, Leighton Palmer turned up for an hour, but after deciding he wasn't going to learn anything, so he shuffled off., As it turned out it was only Mike Nicholls who found a few on the tip, further up the lake, but he only weighed in 8lb+, and my meagre 3.14 scraped me into 5th, so I got £25 making it a free day, weigh sheet below as normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment