Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 October 2019

Viaduct silvers league round 2

Travelled with Chris fox again today , so we stopped off in the Toby inn carvery in whitchurch for breakfast, and the wives joined us, so that was good, the food was nice but the service left a bit to be desired.
Still got to the fishery with time to spare,
Somehow managed to end up near the front of the queue, into the run of doom and out comes 70 on lodge lake, happy with that as it is on the car park side of the rope, a peg with a lot of form for skimmers, for company I had Nick chedzoy to my right on 71, and Lloyd romain on my left the other side of the rope on 69.
I was going for a mainly skimmer attack, but I did set up a wag to fish banded 6mm hard over loose fed 4,s, but not to much to say about that, I did try it a couple of times but only hooked  a couple of carp.
Two pole rigs only, a .3 g with spread shot and another the same size but double bulked, the lighter rig would do for the inside aswell,
At the start I chopped a few worms to put into the groundbait, and on the whistle I cupped in one ball on the Top set and two line, three on the 13 mtr line, and 4 out at 14mtrs and slightly to the left, all with caster and worm in.
I started short and caught small ,(not plippy) roach from the off, to be fair it I probably put a few pounds in the net before the end of the first hour, but needing skimmers I was  soon out on the 13  mtr line, and the rest of my match was spent swapping between the two longer pole lines, worm on the book was. A waste of time, so I fish double or treble maggot, at the end I thought I may have 25lb, when the scales got to me Paul elmes on peg 68 was top on our section with 27lb+then it was my.turn to weigh, I had 26lb+, for second in the section again, top weight on the day was Richard aherne  with over 33lb,
Well done rich, the weigh sheet are below as normal .



No comments:

Post a Comment