Total Pageviews

Thursday 9 January 2020

Midweek double header

As I know have Wednesday's and Thursday's off I have started.to run a costcutter at Landsend every fortinight, and this week's was the first one, so after a nice breakfast in lillypool, 4.6, and I'm sure I saw the cook smile. I arrived at the fishery with about 10 minutes to spare, ten of us this week, hopefully a few.more.for the next one. Basically pegged it very other swim so plenty of room, last but one to draw and peg 7 comes out, it can be ok, it's one of the shallower ones on the lake, but there is a dead weedbed opposite which can hold a few carp at times,

Jason to my left on 5, Mr duckett to my right on 9, and the diminutive (lol) form of John andres opposite on 17.
I half expected the peg to be a hard one, and it was, I had a skimmer down the middle on a small piece of meat, and with no other bites there after 30 minutes I changed that to a maggot line, Mike was.getting some small fish on it to my right, but at the top end of the lake in 11 and 13 , Steve seager and Adrian Clark were catching carp, so in the vane hope that the weedbed was holding a few , I went across with meat on the hook,  it wasn't really feeling it, but you never know.
But it never happened, I did manage 4 carp during the day, another good skimmer towards the end and some bits, but Steve seager kept catching, with his peg getting stronger towards the end, he ended up top on the day with 115lb
with Adrian opposite coming second with 58lb, and the silvers went to Mike duckett with 5 good skimmers and some bits for 12lb.
Weigh sheet below.
Onto Thursday and it was the penultimate round of Ron starks silvers league at Shiplate on the main lake, 15 fishing, so three sections of 5, and I need a section win from this match to keep me in touch with Paul faiers who is winning and looks a solid favourite to win the league. So into the bucket and certainly.wasn't upset to have a number 10 looking back at me, it's a good silvers and carp peg, but I hoped the latter.would stay away from me.
Three rigs today, one for caster at.topset and two, one for 13 mtrs straight out, and another for 14 mtrs slightly to the left. I had Lee waller to my left and the not so large now Ryan Jordan over to my right. At the start I fed some caster short, put two balls with caster in At 13 mtrs, and three balls with the same at 14mtrs, I started on the short line, and had two small roach then a near 1lb skimmer, but apart from occasional small roach I never had anymore quality off that line, I've spent most of the rest of the match swapping between the two long lines, catching odd better skimmers from each line. By the end I new I had done enough to win the section, and had over 20lb, dave Stephenson won on the day with over 30lb from peg 13, catching on soft pellet at 7mtrs, my fish went 23lb so I was happy with that.
as normal the weigh sheet is below, sorry it's a bit faint but the rain got to the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment