Total Pageviews

Monday 20 January 2020

Viaduct winter league rnd 2

Stopped in the cross keys at lydford for breakfast , very nice it was aswell , would have been a good score on the rixster scale but the bacon was well cooked so only 4.35.
Just about got to the fishery in time for the draw, which Ron did for us, but not before captain Clint handed me a bag with a present as it was my birthday the day before, the big 60. There was a nice thorntons double choc cake which Helen cut up and I handed it out after the match, the other thing in the bag was a wrapped present which was soft, so knowing Clint loves his designer clothing I thought he had bought me a nice t shirt or top, but no, see the pictures below, but it's the thought that counts.
 And for those who can't read the packaging, a close up below, lol.
Any way, my peg for the day was going to be peg 38 on middle lake, which is a split section between middle, spring and match lake. Back in the day it was called the Crabtree peg as it was such a flyer, but not know, occasional carp live here but it has a better reputation as a silvers peg, good perch down to the right by a reedbed, skimmers on the wag with corn, and skimmers on the long pole over groundbait,

so rigs set up for all that, and a lead did to fish to the island off to the left. At the start and after feeding all lines I went out on the lead towards the island with meat on the hair, I had a liner after about 5minutes, so I threw out again, had a big liner but left it there, another 5 minutes and the tip flies round and I was attached to a decent carp on, which turned out to be a nice 13lb fully scaled mirror, a good start indeed. But although I stayed on the tip for a while longer  , and several more spells on it during the match I had no more indications, I also had a few bites on the wag and lost a skimmer , luckily for me the long pole line came good towards the end of the match, with the skimmers moving in, of which I had several in the last hour, with treble maggot being the best bait., The right hand margin which has been good recently for quality perch was no good, only two small samples, so a  bit disappointing on that front.
I ended up with the 13 lb carp and 10.01 of silvers which got me fourth on my lake/section, and third overall in the silvers pool, so a nice little pickup, all weigh sheets below, on the team front it was another blow out as it was only me and captain Clint who caught anything LOL.





No comments:

Post a Comment