Total Pageviews

Monday 13 January 2020

Viaduct winter league rnd 1

Back to this popular venue with the future networks team again this year, comprising myself, Clint wojtyla, Leon Hubbard, Ron hardiman and Clayton hudson, went into the brewers fayre in street for breakfast, help yourself brekkie and it was nice , so a 4.5.
Into the fishery and with 17 teams of five it's about the biggest team match in the area, and as always well run by steve and mat. The draw was slightly different this year in the fact that you still drew for lake rotations but then drew for your pegs on each section randomly, and it seems to have been well recieved. I drew for the team and on paper it looked good, Clint on 131, Leon on 94 , me on 73, Ron on 37 and Clayton on 18, all good pegs with mine being a bit dodgy as there don't seem to have been many carp in this corner for a while now, but with 53 in on the opposite side of the corner I hoped it would keep some fish moving about, the left hand margin looked nice with brambles, and Paul faiers drew it last and lost three carp down there so I set up a meat rig for down there.
But the main killing area is the right hand margin, fishing down towards the big tree, which is 17.5mtrs away but plumbing up fishing right to the tree was a no no as it was to snaggy, so I set up a bread dobbing rig for along the bank, and as an afterthought a waggler to fish to my left again with meat as bait, to do well I thought I would need to catch some carp.
At the start I began on the bread rig , I had bite straight away from small roach, catching one of about 2oz, missed a few more and thought bigger that, so I cupped in a few pieces of meat at 14 mtrs down the edge, and had a sling on the waggler, I thought I missed a bite but couldn't be sure , so out again but the ripple was making the float hard to see, but it went under and I had a 1lb skimmer, but another 15 minutes and no mtr indications had me reaching for the margin pole rigs, I tried the left but nothing, and several attempts down there were fruitless, so down the right and I had a bite , after a bit of a tussle I had an 8lb common in the net, but that was it for now, back out on the waggler and I fouled one in the tail which came off halfway back, then I had a 12 oz skimmer fairly hooked in the dorsal fin, I didn't realise how important that would be in the end. With two hours to go I got off my box and made up a roach rig and started fishing caster topset and two, caught a few roach the fouled a carp which came off with the rig round the end of the pole looking like a bird nest, so that was it, so I decided to stay on the meat either down the edge and on the wag, with and hour to go I had a bite down the edge and had a 1lb hybrid, a few minutes later another bite resulted in another 8lb common,  both these bites coming just short of the tree at 16.5mtrs, 15 minutes left on the clock and I went out on the waggler, lo and behold it went under and another 8lb common in the net, and that was it for today, I new I had done ok as far as I could see but the only pegs I couldn't see were along my bank past the tree's, with Nick chedzoy on 66 having 4 carp so it could be right with him having a couple of the new stockies, the scales got to us quickly and my three carp and silvers went 28.14, I followed the scales along , Nick got his carp out and it was going to be tight, but luckily his 4 went 28.7, meaning I had won the lake so a good start, and that 12oz skimmer was dead handy, sorry Nick (LOL 😂).
On the whole the venue fished hard with Andy power showing his class by doubling the weight of second place with over 160lb off peg 96, all the weigh sheet below.





No comments:

Post a Comment