Total Pageviews

Monday 6 January 2020

Todber teams of five rnd1

Looking forward to this league being organised by Steve tucker, 12 teams of 5, so a decent turn out, after a nice breakfast omelette in cafe fox, Chris and me were.soon on our way, and today was a good drive as it only took us 65minutes to get to the fishery
. Mark poppleton had got there early and did our team draw, I didn't complain as he handed me 48 on hillview, a run to peg at any time of the year,
I went to the peg fairly confident I would catch on the hard pellet out in front and meat down the right just off the point in about three foot of water, and with an island out in front I did set up a lead rod for bread out there aswell.
At the start I cupped in some hard 4,s at 13 mtrs on front and some meat up the edge, then I chucked out the bread to the island, a couple of small indications first chuck, second throw the tip flies round and the first carp catches me, and I had a few more in the next thirty minutes, but the pole was beckoning, especially as Bob gullick two to my left had a carp , as did Chris Davis beyond him, so out on banded 6mm, I managed a few, but foulers were a problem, I persevered, and was rewarded.with several carp, and seemed to be doing ok in the section, but with the rest of my section behind me on the other side of the spit, it was difficult to keep an eye on what was happening, unlike mat Skyme over on 59 who was catching well on the lead from the start, but not in my section. I went up the edge towards the end and expected to catch well,  but although I had some it wasn't the flying end I expected, and to make matters.worse every time I looked around , Callum dicks on 52 seemed.to netting a fish, I dropped a big error today in not switching to maggot on the long pole line, it probably cost me as I think maggots seemed.to be the better bait today, I was first to weigh in the section and had a bit over 98lb, also I was a few pounds over in a net, and as I expected Callum won the section with 125lb, you can never really be sure, but if I had switched to maggot it may have been a bit closer, but you can never tell, so well done Callum, top on the lake was matt on 59 with 160lb+, which was good enough for second on the day behind des shipp on peg 27 on whitepost with 232lb, a very good angler on a good peg is always hard to beat, but a brilliant weight to be sure.big thanks to John candy who donated £400 of the peg fee money back to the league which has been added to the end of league team prize monies, and well done to Steve Tucker for his organisation on the day, all very professional. Weigh sheets below show how well it's fished.










No comments:

Post a Comment