Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 January 2020

Todber teams of five rnd 2

A it late doing this one as I am finding it really hard to think of anything positive to say, best parts of the day were breakfast cooked by Caroline fox very nice to.
(4.9). And the drive home.😂.
My turn on ash lake and a draw anywhere halfway up the lake was needed to be on the fish, Ken rayner drew for us and handed me 63, 2nd peg up from the near end, 😵. I had Dave romain on the end peg on my left, and Paul elmes on my right, I normally set up a waggler on this lake. But with the wind coming in and across from the left I had my doubts as to whether it would work so I never set it up. A couple of pole rigs , one for maggot out in front and a meat rig for our to my right, but the wind was making any sensible presentation all but impossible, I did try it a couple of times but to no avail, and lastly a lead rod for various baits.
At the start I fed the pole lines then three a banded pellet to the far side, tightened up and the tip started dancing immediately, a carp on but fairly hooked on the root of the tail, so after a bit of a tussle a 3lb common safely netted, and by the end of the first hour I had three more but correctly hooked, two on meat and one on banded maggot, I thought there may be a few fish at this end but I was mistaken, I waited another 3 hours and 40minutes for my next bite which was on a maggot feeder rig, and of match, and as expected the lake was better further up, John Moody 90+lb, Callum dicks 88lb and Gary o,Shea 70+lb, Paul elmes was last in the section, Dave to my left 2nd from last and me third, so that's it for this one, I will get the weigh sheets later and put them on,

No comments:

Post a Comment