Total Pageviews

Thursday 16 January 2020

Plantation lake silvers match

These matches are always popular, as it's probably one of if not the best silvers lake in the area, with lots of quality roach and skimmers with the occasional tench and perch thrown into the mix. So after a breakfast in the bridge which was ok as I managed to swerve the sausages and had extra bacon, (4.6).
Got to the lake and walked round with Paul faiers to peg it, put 18 pegs.out but only needed 16 so I took a couple of pegs out, all paid by 9 so I got the draw underway, myself and mike(silverfox)nicholls had the last two pegs and we ended up next to each other, Mike on 16 which is permanent peg 4, with on 17 , permanent peg 3, next angler to my right was chris(orris)ollis in corner peg 1.
The weather forecast was horrendous with Gale force winds and heavy rain, did they get it wrong, hell no, it was vile.
So only two rigs a roach rig for short, .3g drennan as4 for the that, and a .4g hb frostie for 11 mtrs, as that was about as far as I could hold the pole at.
At the start I cupped in some groundbait on two lines at 11 mtrs, one to the left with caster.And one to the right with micros for.soft pellet. And fed.caster short for the roach, but apart from one bite I never had a touch there,
It started.very slow with only small roach on the long line over the caster and groundbait line, whilst nothing over the pellet line, Mike by now was having some skimmers on his frugally (5micros) fed line on soft pellet, so two hours in and he was ahead by a few pounds, but as the match went on I started to claw a bit back, catching odd skimmers from both long lines, with caster maggot or soft pellet on the hook, presentation was awful, losing four good skimmers , but they were almost certainly fouled,  I the end I new it was close between myself and mike, but to be honest I thought he had just edged it as he had a better start, but I manged.to beat the sneaky old bugger , 22lb to 19, so that was ok, 

But not enough to win as the soft pellet wizard Dave wride had 25lb on permanent peg 10, below is a rare picture of Mr wride smiling, well done dave.
Weigh sheet below, considering the conditions the weights were ok, hopefully in a fortnight conditions will be more favourable.


No comments:

Post a Comment