Total Pageviews

Friday 31 January 2020

Plantation lake silvers only

Back to this venue, which is probably the best silvers lake we have in the area, plenty of roach and skimmers, both to a sensible size. First stop the bridge in yatton for breakfast and again very nice, 4.6.
That some it was off to the lake and a quick walk round to sort the pegs , 18 fishing which is more than enough as it hopefully ensures we all get a good day. Got the draw underway and had two tickets left at the end , me and Kerry winstone  left to draw, I ended up with peg 5 which was permanent peg 31, a good peg I have done on before, but it is tucked back into the start of a bag to my right, which has two pegs in but I left them out so plenty of room, next angler to my right was paul barnfield on peg 28(permanent) 6 on the day and to my left was good friend Ron hardiman.
Target species to win is normally skimmers to 3lb(bream really) and a top up with some nice roach. A quick plumb around found two areas at the same depth, one at 11mtrs straight out and the other slightly to the left at 13mtrs, a roach rig for 5mtrs which was also the deepest part of the peg, and another rig for caster by the brambles(aaaaargh) just to my left, as it can hold some nice perch and roach. As I said generally skimmers play a big part in the winning weights, so at the start I cupped in three balls of groundbait on the 11 mtr line with caster in, and two balls with some softened micros in on the 13 mtr line, I started on the short line, not really expecting to catch early on this line, and I never. So out to 11mtrs fully expecting to catch some roach of nothing else, no bites on maggot or caster, so trying to get a bite I swung the rig over the 13 mtr line, at last a bite, but it was a carp, doh. Looking around everyone seemed to be in the same boat, only Darren vowles (venue ace) two to my right was getting occasional skimmers, but as expected the lake did improve, but not to the standard it can . Barney to my right started to put a few fish together, and Ron to my left seemed to be catching steadily. My swim was still not doing much, in fact it was.downright hard, I did get three skimmers.to about a pound and a half, but very little else, I was scratching my head, it had been flat calm for most of the day, then about 90minutes from the end the wind picked up from the right and put some trip into the lake going against the wind, and it was like a switch was flipped, it was a roach a  chuck now, I didn't want to finish but it did and I didn't have a clue as to what I had , but it turned out to be  a lot closer than I thought, top on the day was Dave willmott on perm peg 7 with over 23lb some tidy skimmers and quality roach.
Mike nicholls was second with 22 Dave wride 21, barney 20.12, Ron 20.4 and me 20lb level, so a good right match with only a skimmer or two separating the top 6, just how it should be, weigh sheet below as normal.
And a quick mention to Darren vowles who stood on the peg woodwork , and proceeded to home his diving skills to try and get into the UK diving team ,  but his attempt was more John Smith's than Tom Daley, I don't think his backward belly flop is going to meet the criteria required by the selectors.😂😂😂😂😂😂🏊🏊

No comments:

Post a Comment