Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 February 2020

Huntstrete silvers match

But late doing this blog, should have been at Todber for the winter league, but enough captains voted to cancel, so that's that then, in over 45 years of match fishing this is only the second match to be cancelled due to the wind, the last one was a winter league on the k and a canal,  it I still managed to get to viaduct that day for the open, I got a speeding ticket in Salford for my troubles,  it had a days fishing , drew 112 ,  it back then the fishery were spread all over the lake , with the other end being more consistent.
Back to Thursday and with 19 fishing it should be ok, into the draw bag and peg 31 comes out, it's an island swim,  it I can't draw it in the summer when the carp and f1,s are really active,  it it can be ok for silvers aswell at any time of year.
I had organiser Dave Gillard to my left and John(cliff) Smith to my right, I set up a .6g drennan as7 , had a plumb around and found three spots of the same depth so I could use the same rig in all, then a drennan as4 for 14 mtrs towards the island in three foot of water to use caster in the hope of some perch and roach.
At the start I cupped in one ball of groundbait at 5mtrs, and two balls on the two 13 mtr lines, 11 & 1 o'clock angles, and cupped some caster.towards.the island, starting in the short line I had a small roach straight away on maggot, so switched to caster on the hook,  it no bites, so back on the maggot for a few more.small roach before a 12oz skimmer out in an appearance, but that was it in the short !one for a while , so out into the 13 mtr lines, and a similar response, a few.small roach and then askimmer, and that was the way the day went, topping up each line with some groundbait and caster  and switching between the three of for the occasional skimmer and small roach, I did get a nice near two pound perch from the short line, John Smith to my right had a few.carp along with some skimmers, but the section looked to be being won by Dave to my left who was getting bites on soft pellet, mainly from sensible skimmers, I just couldn't get enough skimmers, but it ended up closer than I thought it would with me having 14 lb to Dave's 16, John had 10lb of silvers to my right , but he did have 24lb of carp to go with them, as for top weight on the day Mike nicholls on peg 16 made.no mistake weighing in 20lb of skimmers.for.Top on the day, well done.
Weigh sheets below.


No comments:

Post a Comment