Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 February 2020

Wednesday costcutter, Landsend fishery

Stopped off at lillypool cafe for breakfast on the way, very nice 4.70.
Drive to the fishery to find ten booked in, so lots of room for all. Draw sorted and me and Ron hardiman were last to draw, he had 15 and I had 18, not a peg I would have chosen , any of the pegs at the top end would be preferable ,or the other end towards the carpark, 18 is in the middle of the lake on the left hand side of the gap between the islands, not been good recently as the fish want to be towards the end, I had Rob mills to my right on 19 and the next angler to left was Ron hardiman on 15.
A few rigs assembled, bread dobbing , pellet for into the gap, meat for short and a silvers rig for a few areas around the swim. I can't say to much as to how my day went as very little happened to be honest, started on the bread rig in various parts of the swim, along the island , into the gap and up by empty peg 17, not a sniff of a bite, into the pellet swim and I had a couple of indications before something positive and a carp safely netted, but apart from a small ide that was all I had on pellet, I had fed a couple of balls of groundbait on a couple of lines with caster in, one at 5 mtrs and another at 9mtrs, starting at 5mtrs I had a small roach then fouled a carp which came off, but no more bites, so a look into the longer line, and a 6oz skimmer then a tiny perch, then nothing, I had fed some meat into 4 different lines but never had a bite on any of them, I had to just keep rotating around my silvers lines sneaking small roach , I did manage a 1lb skimmer and an 8oz perch at 14 mtrs,  it was impossible to line any fish up, even the tiny roach were playing hard to get, Ron on 15 ended the match with 8 carp mainly on meat, and Mike duckett on 22 had 7 so they were going to be first or second, and it looked to be between me and Rob for the silvers, Rons extra carp swung it for him with 44lb to Mike's 7 went 38lb, I managed to scrape the silvers with 4 1/4lb , so it was a hard day for all, weigh sheet below. That's the second time in a week Ron has beaten me off the next peg, well nearly the next peg,  I'm having a tough time lately even having to give mat culpin two quids on the bounce.😮

No comments:

Post a Comment