Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 February 2020

Plantation lake silvers match

Back to this prolific lake this week again, and looking forward to it as it without a doubt the best silvers lake we have in the area, but a stop in the bridge in yatton for breakfast, nice aswell, 4.7.
Got to the lake and sorted the pegs out and with everyone on time the draw was done, I had the last peg and was rewarded with peg 25, without a doubt it's a peg you would not choose in a silvers match, 24 to my right is even worse, and Chris rolfe was the unlucky angler on that, there was an empty peg to my left them Glen Bailey and next to him was match fishing returnee kev(kerry)winstone.
Three rigs today one for the short line (5mtrs), and a couple for the longer lines, 11mtrs for caster and groundbait and 13mtrs slightly to the left for soft pellet over micros. So on the whistle I cupped in two balls of groundbait on the 11mtr line and some micros at 13mtrs, and started feeding caster on the short line. I began over the groundbait line and expected to catch small roach straight away, but the float just say there, as did chris,s to my right, Glen to my left started well on his longer line with skimmers, and the anglers on the far bank were also doing ok at the start. I think it took me about 45 minutes to get the first fish, but it was a skimmer over the groundbait line, but if a false dawn nothing more for what seemed like an age, I tried the pellet line but nothing there, not even on a single maggot, so I wasn't thinking there were many silvers in these pegs, myself, Chris and Mike nicholls on his right on the point peg were having it hard, but to be fair Mike was getting some good sport but from carp which are definitely not to required species, but it was giving me a bit of a laugh. The first half of the match was really slow, I never had one bite over the micro line, in any bait, so with a couple of hours to go I fed a couple of balls of groundbait at 16mtrs in desperation, and started loosefeeding caster quite heavily on the 11 mtr line, and it did transform the peg I started getting some quality roach and a few decent skimmers aswell, kicking myself really as I should have done it a lot earlier, I also had some roach on the short line, but they didn't really want to settle there for any length of time, as for the 16 mtr line, I did get three 12oz skimmers , but carp were a nuisance, so most of the run in to the end of the match was spent on the 11mtr line fishing caster, I new I hadn't done any good by the end but it had been really enjoyable towards the end and I didn't want it to end ,  it it did and I thought I may have 15 the 16lb, which I was happy with, but I actually ended with 20.10, kicking myself a bit cos I feel as though if I had started loosefeeding an hour earlier I may have got in the money, Mark broomsgrove came out top on the day from peg 5 with 28lb with Paul faiers coming second with 26lb, there were 8 weights over 20lb aplenty if good back up weights as the weigh sheet below shows, back in a fortnight, and with a waiting list already, not surprising to be honest, as it's hard to get consistent sport like this anywhere else at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment